Obama administration admits to paying Iransom
216   9

• Helper

I think they will stupidly claim otherwise, because it is against stated regime policy to pay a ransom for hostages, but they held up the money until the hostages were outside Iranian airspace.

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• Lord Of the Munge Façade

old news is old

haha, politico link.

So Luuv hooked me up with a custom rank.

Which means I only have two more prizes to claim, plus an image sig.

So that's where we stand.

From what I understand, We owed them a lot of money so we paid that debt off and Iran was like, "Ok, we cool. Here's you're home boys we had for a while. We cool"

Who cares.

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

• Puppy Power

I sure miss those down votes.

09/13/03

• SwimParagon

Hey @Mixboy am I using it right?

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Helper

It was ransom, if it was just a routine transfer of funds or back payment then why would they have to circumvent the sanctions in place which would have prevented the electronic transfer of funds? Why would they withhold the flight of the cash until the hostages cleared Iranian airspace? Why would the flights happen on the same day?

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• Lord Of the Munge Façade

I think in times like these, we should ask ourselves, "What would Saint Ronaldus Maximus do?"

Trump 2016, that's what.

So Luuv hooked me up with a custom rank.

Which means I only have two more prizes to claim, plus an image sig.

So that's where we stand.

"Iranson" is the sort of buzzword I'd expect from a Jingaidiot.