Larry Wilmore Final Episode
948   24

Watching a full episode for the first and last time.

This deserved to be canceled. Why was it even on the air? I guess the strong lead in from the Daily Show fooled them into thinking it wasn't terrible until Trevor Noah showed up and tanked it?

Wilmore himself wasn't the problem, the format of the show was the problem. Comedy Central was scared to try to fill the gap Colbert left. Had they given Wilmore a platform more along the lines of The Colbert Report, I think he would have done much better.

• SwimSuperFan

CircleOfTheTyrants said:

Wilmore himself wasn't the problem, the format of the show was the problem. Comedy Central was scared to try to fill the gap Colbert left. Had they given Wilmore a platform more along the lines of The Colbert Report, I think he would have done much better.

plus i don't think comedy central's too eager on going all in with political shows these days

What I'm surprised is that Tosh.0 is still ongoing and After Midnight is still a thing too despite both of those being rather underwhelming...

"Here Comes A New Challenger!-D.VA(Hana Song)"

• Babbling

They need more funny white hosts.

• SwimSuperFan

ThorsPenor said:

And now they are gonna let Dennis Miller have his own show on there

"Here Comes A New Challenger!-D.VA(Hana Song)"

• Babbling

After Midnight is awesome. It's still on because people enjoy the range of comedians that are guests. Not heavy on the political angle.

• Babbling

countfrylock said:

ThorsPenor said:

Seriously? I know you work in the industry and have the down low on stuff like this.

• SwimStar

countfrylock said:

ThorsPenor said:

Can that douchebag just be assassinated already? Why is his name even still being kicked around? The way he treats other comics is hideous. The fact that the mere mention of his name between comedians elicits groans and horror stories is all you need to know. F**k that guy.

He's the Nancy Grace of comedy.

42,917 posts and 4,251 kudos for life, playa.

• SwimPeanut

After the Bill Nye episode, I vowed never to watch that trash ever again. That was the most depressing display of anti-intellectualism I've seen in a while.

真実はいつもひとつ!

• SwimStar

Cruelty said:

After the Bill Nye episode, I vowed never to watch that trash ever again. That was the most depressing display of anti-intellectualism I've seen in a while.

I agree. F**k Dennis Miller.

42,917 posts and 4,251 kudos for life, playa.

• Banned

I'm just happy at how badly Comedy Central is flailing.

Wilmore gone.

Schumer not coming back.

Trevor Noah just torching the Daily Show as an institution.

The only thing that network has going for it now is South Park. All of their tentpoles have immolated.

• Special Snowflake Banned

To be fair, Stewart was going to be an almost impossible act to follow. Plus, I think Noah is just too pleasant in disposition to really go after people like Stewart did. I also don't think Noah really has the high energy that Stewart had and seems pretty restrained.

I'd love to see them do something insane like hand the show over to Craig Ferguson, but I know that's never going to happen. I doubt they'll want another foreigner handling the show.

• Banned

I haven't watched CC in years, not even Futurama was enough to get me to tune in regularly.

POOP

Tell me more about your opinion of a show you never watched.

ThorsPenor said:

After Midnight is awesome. It's still on because people enjoy the range of comedians that are guests. Not heavy on the political angle.

You all know it is called At midnight right?
    @midnight

• IB

More like Larry Will not have a show anyMORE, amirite guys?

Guys?

Tyler-Pennington said:

Tell me more about your opinion of a show you never watched.

Doesn't matter if you watched once or a hundred times. Shit show is shit, and there's no getting away from that.

• Banned

Josey_V2 said:

To be fair, Stewart was going to be an almost impossible act to follow. Plus, I think Noah is just too pleasant in disposition to really go after people like Stewart did. I also don't think Noah really has the high energy that Stewart had and seems pretty restrained.

I'd love to see them do something insane like hand the show over to Craig Ferguson, but I know that's never going to happen. I doubt they'll want another foreigner handling the show.

John Oliver is a foreigner and he's doing fine. He would have done well being the successor to Stewart. He already proved he could handle things there. I think their problem is that they chose someone with no interest in American politics and therefore American political humor whatsoever because they saw in him multicultural dimples that they thought would be highly marketable. Much to their surprise people who are interested in the Daily Show are less concerned with placing a Trevor Noah poster next to their Jonas Bros wall scroll than they are interested in him being competent at his job.

John Oliver reminds me of the Prius drivers that loved the smell of their own farts and PC Principal from South Park. He's just too one dimensional with his liberal-outrage, unlike Stewart who was able to connect with people in the middle and the less extreme conservatives as well as liberals. But I dunno, HBO seems to rely on the smug self-congratualty liberal audience to fill in the audience numbers when Game of Thrones isn't on.

• Babbling Banned

Josey_V2 said:

John Oliver reminds me of the Prius drivers that loved the smell of their own farts and PC Principal from South Park. He's just too one dimensional with his liberal-outrage, unlike Stewart who was able to connect with people in the middle and the less extreme conservatives as well as liberals. But I dunno, HBO seems to rely on the smug self-congratualty liberal audience to fill in the audience numbers when Game of Thrones isn't on.

Whoa? Did you get banned, Josey? What happened?

What's a giant eye going to do, pick you up and wink you to death?

Someone complained about me calling white people crackers and using the term "honky."