WTF apparently The Toonami Stream starting today will only rebroadcast the block From 4 Weeks Ago
524   14

• SwimSuperFan

why?....if your watching the block on stream it's because you missed it when it aired...only streaming content from 4 weeks ago is just gonna make the stream itself irrelevant and pointless

this is coming from the official toonami facebook page

"Here Comes A New Challenger!-D.VA(Hana Song)"

• Banned

• Banned

POOP

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Confirmed. You might need an FB account to see the link below, but there it is.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1634086836882157&id=1440408039583372

What the hell!?

While I might enjoy getting to see some of the older episodes again, especially Gundam IBO #7...

UGH, can't sugar coat it. This SUCKS!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• SwimSuperFan

ALchemist81 said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1634086836882157&id=1440408039583372

What the hell!?

While I might enjoy getting to see some of the older episodes again, especially Gundam IBO #7...

someone said it might have to do with restricted licenses or perhaps toonami's just not making as much money as adult swim would hope

so they aren't allowed to repeat the most recent episodes anymore on the stream

by saying "The Man Told us to slow our roll" it sounds like the higher ups said "i don't think we can afford to do this anymore so either you change how you stream the block or we cut out the stream completely!"

i agree this does suck as it just proves adult swim is seeing the toonami stream as a waste of time and money if they are gonna nerf it so badly

• Mobile Suit Gundam

This also means that One-Punch Man will be the first and only show on Toonami to get a weekly marathon after only 5 episodes have aired on Toonami TV!

Of course, IF you have a cable log-in, you will still be able to stream the episodes immediately after they air on Adult Swim, or at least early the following week, I believe. Will be confirming this after the next edition of Toonami airs!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• SwimSuperFan

ALchemist81 said:

This also means that One-Punch Man will be the first and only show on Toonami to get a weekly marathon after only 5 episodes have aired on Toonami TV!

Of course, IF you have a cable log-in, you will still be able to stream the episodes immediately after they air on Adult Swim, or at least early the following week, I believe. Will be confirming this after the next edition of Toonami airs!

i hate the hassle of everything asking for your cable log-in info now....and only giving you a handful of old ass episodes to watch in the meantime

i just don't like the sound of this i know it's so minor to complain about but if adult swim is close to pulling the plug on toonami's stream or just making it practically useless then whose to say they won't do the same for the block itself?

how much money must they be losing for The stream to be considered a waste airing the most recent episodes?

we already gotta wait a week to just see 3 hours of anime on television and with news like this it's seeming like A Boatload of Long runners was a stupid idea because that might just result in the block getting totaled when they can't keep up viewer interest with no new shows and the lack of an ability to expand the block

• Banned

countfrylock said:

ALchemist81 said:

What the hell!?

someone said it might have to do with restricted licenses or perhaps toonami's just not making as much money as adult swim would hope

so they aren't allowed to repeat the most recent episodes anymore on the stream

by saying "The Man Told us to slow our roll" it sounds like the higher ups said "i don't think we can afford to do this anymore so either you change how you stream the block or we cut out the stream completely!"

i agree this does suck as it just proves adult swim is seeing the toonami stream as a waste of time and money if they are gonna nerf it so badly

I remember when the comedy shows used to be streamed on the website on Friday and then they would air it on Sunday. Then something f**ked up and they moved it to stream on the Friday after the Sunday it was aired on. I think I cut back my viewing after that.

POOP

• SwimSuperFan

i miss when toonami was apart of cartoon network and not just a slave to adult swim's derpy behavior

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Pre-Toonami action shows, particularly Death Note and Code Geass, also got this treatment in 2008.

Death Note's finale aired on July 5, 2008, but was streamed by the site on the THURSDAY before, July 3rd! And Code Geass R2's first episode aired on November 1, 2008, but was streamed by the site on Halloween. I can't remember if you needed a cable log-in to watch them then or not. By today's standards, such a thing seems insane!

You were never able to see shows like Hellsing Ultimate and InuYasha: The Final Act at any time on [as] without either Adult Swim or a cable log-in. Those shows may have gotten the shaft worse than, say, any and all episodes of Parasyte, KILL la KILL's rerun, and Dimension W, plus most of Michiko & Hatchin and Akame ga Kill, but now it's like we're regressing. At least without cable you CAN still see the shows 28 days later now.

The question is how will this affect Parasyte's license? Maybe they'll just keep showing the most recent Parasyte at the end since it's a rerun?

• SwimSuperFan

like i said it seems like toonami's not doing enough to be worth adult swim's time and all those long runners may soon find themselves without a home...

yet The People Behind Toonami have this mindset that if things get too crowded they can just expand the block whenever they want...they can't

that's not up to them it's up to adult swim...yet they act like everything's fine and the long runners will keep the block going

when in reality it'll just make the block get stale faster and with no way to expand due to adult swim's decreasing confidence in the toonami crew

it's like R.I.P. Toonami all over again

"But you can still catch up" how, exactly?

Son of a w***e. I'd been counting on that since I don't have cable at present. Maybe I'll just have to find some way to jiggle myself into the simulcast.

If you're going to be a dick, at least go all in.

• SwimSuperFan

yeah i dunno how they expect people to catch up when they miss the block if the streams only airing stuff from 4 weeks ago...

i gotta keep asking...what did toonami screw so badly that adult swim isn't letting them stream the most recent stuff anymore?

• SwimSuperFan

so we got two topics about this now....