So, I guess a lot of people don't like the new Berserk
225   14

• Special Snowflake Banned

I think it's fine.

Then again I didn't see the original series until a couple weeks ago, so I didn't grow up with it.

Weebs gonna weeb.

I think anime is years off making fully CG series look anything but hideous.

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• Swimuminati

I've been holding back on watching it, but I really want to...

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

Don't....watch the 1997 series or read the manga.

It's not even just the CG....they've done such a bad job on the in between animation.

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

Is that really a gripe, though?

If the show is good, why is the rendering of it a problem?

I actually think it looks pretty good, myself. There are some weird looking scenes but a lot of the shots are played out in faux-2D and it looks pretty amazing.

The show looks fine.

I think the biggest issue people have with it is it's not the same thing as the original. Everyone who saw it years ago probably "grew up" with it and the new series doesn't live up to the rose colored tint that the audience views the original series through.

• Swimuminati

I own the original series...one of my favs...just hungry for more, y'know...

but yeah, I'll probably skip it

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

The ratings on crunchyroll are really bad. Usually they like everything on that site.

scope85 said:

It's not even just the CG....they've done such a bad job on the in between animation.

Are you really that thorny about the animation?

Explain to me why that is a major problem to you.

Daosspawn said:

The ratings on crunchyroll are really bad. Usually they like everything on that site.

Like I said, the only reason I can think of as to why most weebs don't like it is because it's different.

People don't like change.

I have the same feelings about this new FLCL they're producing. It will probably be pretty good. People will find things to complain about though because it's not the original.

Mixboy said:

I own the original series...one of my favs...just hungry for more, y'know...

but yeah, I'll probably skip it

If you're a marathon, binge watcher then you should probably wait. They're only about a third of the way through the series so it's going to be some time before all the episodes are available.

I saw at least give it a try.

If it's disappointing and you don't like it, move on.

SniperGirl said:

scope85 said:

The medium is animation, I can stand some rough animation but in 2016 when a lot of series look gorgeous I'm generally less tolerant of a series that looks like someone took a giant shit on my screen.....anything is subjective, you like Berserk 2016 and that's fine but you really haven't given any reasons why it's any good either.

scope85 said:

SniperGirl said:

scope85 said:

The medium is animation, I can stand some rough animation but in 2016 when a lot of series look gorgeous I'm generally less tolerant of a series that looks like someone took a giant shit on my screen.....anything is subjective, you like Berserk 2016 and that's fine but you really haven't given any reasons why it's any good either.

And you're saying it's bad because you don't like the animation.

Which isn't an objective opinion either.

I like it because it looks like it's finally going to wrap up all the loose ends present at the end of the original series, and I like the story.

• IB

I haven't given it a try yet. But I didnt watch the old one either. The only thing I've seen is the movie .... about the egg or something arc .... when the chick actually looks like a chick

I didn't really like the first episode and just kinda dropped it.

I've heard the pacing is and directing are complete messes. Like arbitrarily making unimportant things drawn out and skipping major events. Or how it's supposed to continue the anime, but jumps ahead several arcs with minimal explanation for anime-only viewers, without there even being an existing adaption of the necessary skipped material.

It sounds real bad. Though, I'm not big on the old anime either, and the manga sounds like it'd be even more frustrating. As in, it took me around 16 episodes to really care about much of anything in the old show. It was overall good, just nowhere near as good as the fans insisted it was.