Why is race so important to white people?
2332   46

• SwimNerd

I'm white... My ancestors all came from Sweden, Norway, Germany, Ireland, and England... I'm not ashamed of it. What I am ashamed of is that I have ancestors that were members of the KKK. Not far distant relatives either... My grandmother's father was at the biggest KKK rally in history, I have his robes and a medal to prove it.

What I want to know, is why do people hold onto such outdated beliefs? My best friend is "Black". His parents were always as good or better to me than my own parents. Black people and white people are equal, I've never understood the racism.

I mean honestly, I think his parents lacked in guidance.... they let us do whatever we wanted... but none the less they are good people that deserve respect.

Sorry to ramble... But I guess I want someone to explain racism to me in words that I can understand. I'd especially like explanations from white folks.... Explain to me how black folks have hurt you. I bet that would be an amusingly comical explanation.

• Babbling

We rely on vision so anytime something or someone looks different it should be feared and shunned for it may kill us or have sex with our women.

• SwimNerd

Ehhh... I grew up in a rural community... I'd never seen a black person in my life... But I instantly became best friends with a black guy when I was 12 (he was the same age). I don't think rave has anything to do with anything.

• Special Snowflake Banned

People should stick with their own kind.

You don't see wolves mingling with foxes do you.

• Swimuminati

dem dere folk lewk deeferent...I reckon I dont lyk dem

• Swimuminati

SniperGirl said:

People should stick with their own kind.

You don't see wolves mingling with foxes do you.

alt text

I'm a white guy from a predominantly white community in BFE, Nebraska. I can't speak for everyone in my community, but I can say this. If I have anything against you, then there's a 99.999999% chance that it's because you're an asshole. I can honestly remember the first few Hispanic families to move into my home town as well as the first few black families too, and I don't have a single thing against any of these people. They're just people, same as anyone else.

White folks sure do love their nascar.

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

So, does this mean you can only date buckets?

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

• SwimNerd

That's so true... If only white people understood the concept of turning a car right instead of left... Maybe things would be different.

Race is important to every race, not just white people. Have you seen how Japan and China view black people? Think any country controlled by black people is going to be electing a white president any time soon?

Early human culture revolved around tribes. That tribalism is still ingrained into Human DNA. It leads to distrust and fear of anyone different. Some people feel it more than others, just like some people still have the need to hunt and kill large animals despite the fact that we don't actually need to.

Zambia, 98% black. President as of 2014, 100% white.

• SwimNerd

Of course Race is important to all people... But all my friends were the beneficiaries of good education... They should know better. I don't understand how people who are well educated, people from middle class family's can be racist. I don't understand hating people because of their skin color.

I'm not trying to be obtuse... I seriously don't get it. It's beyond my understanding.

I'm no stranger to hate... I'm not some pacifist that doesn't believe in non violence or something... I am full of rage, quite honestly I don't even oppose violence. What I don't get is why White people, more importantly, White Americans... Don't see Black Americans as equals.

Tyler-Pennington said:

Zambia, 98% black. President as of 2014, 100% white.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/29/world/africa/zambia-president-dead/index.html

The previous president looks 100 percent black to me.

Current president looks 100 percent black.

"South African President Frederik de Klerk was the continent's last white President. His party lost to Nelson Mandela's African National Congress in South Africa's first multiracial, fully democratic elections in 1994."

You seem to be talking about a white guy named Guy Scott who was interim president for 90 days and was never actually voted in. He wasn't even eligible to run for president.

"After Michael Sata's death on 28 October 2014, Scott became acting president. The constitution of Zambia requires a new election within 90 days to permanently fill the office.[7]

The constitution of Zambia requires that both parents of presidential candidates are "Zambian by birth or descent", thus Scott was considered ineligible to stand in the January 2015 election.[8] The provision was put in place by President Frederick Chiluba to prevent Kenneth Kaunda – whose father was born in what became Malawi – from becoming president.[9] However, a previous judgement by the Zambian Supreme Court, in a similar case in 1998, could have validated him as a potential candidate.[10] Scott did not stand as a presidential candidate for the Patriotic Front.

On 3 November 2014, Scott dismissed Edgar Lungu as Secretary General of the Patriotic Front; however, he reinstated him a day later,[11] after street protests in Lusaka.[12] On 17 December 2014, Scott rejected calls from cabinet members asking him to resign as acting president.[13]

Lungu, standing as the PF candidate, won the January 2015 presidential by-election and succeeded Scott as President on 25 January 2015.[14]

• Check It Out!

Most of what I hear regarding race is either here or in some kind of mainstream media. Two points on the media aspect, as this place is such a shit hole it doesn't merit taking into account.

1. Whenever race is being brought up in the media, it's rarely whites focusing on other races. In fact, a white person who behaves in a racist manner in any mainstream media is going to become a social outcast and deemed unhireable. This is because the overwhelming majority of our society has agreed that racism is wrong.

2. When the topic of race is brought up in the media, it's usually non-whites (but often whites as well) admonishing white people as racists and bigots for one reason or another.

So to answer your question, race is not as important to white people as it is to non-whites.

Heritage and culture, on the other hand, should be important to everyone regardless of race.

• SwimLegend

Racism is two things. The racism you refer to its essentially caused by fear of irrelevance. But, the racism that most white people engage in its based on privilege. The reason things like the klan exist is because they cater to marginal elements who peg their value to that same privilege because they have nothing else to offer.

09/13/03

• SwimPeanut

Race isn't important to me at all. If you take away the skin, we're all the same biologically. That's why concepts such as nationalism, racism, and tribalism are so laughably inane to me. I believe you should appreciate your heritage, but it shouldn't necessarily be the only thing that defines you. My great great grandfather was a Scottish immigrant that came to America for a better life, and while I appreciate what he did, you won't see me banging pots and pans and yelling "I'm a Highlander!!" from the top of my lungs.

In conclusion, we're all inextricably linked to one other. And no matter how much you bluster about how superior you are because your ancestors hailed from west of the Rhineland, just know that in the grand scope of things (the universe and even the multiverse, if you believe that theory) you are a tiny little speck on a tiny on an even tinier speck. Don't take yourself so seriously.

真実はいつもひとつ!

• Banned

Do you think about your skin color often? Serious question.

If you gotta go go with a smile

• Babbling

Yes

• Banned

Race is very important to me.....I may actually die before I bang an Asian chick and a midget. At this point I'm aiming for Asian midgets.

It was me.....It was always me.

• Banned

Buddyroe360 said:

Race is very important to me.....I may actually die before I bang an Asian chick and a midget. At this point I'm aiming for Asian midgets.

I think you and I talked about this, but smashed a few asians.

And though she wasn't like a midget looking girl... she was 4'10".... so you can live vicariously through me.... and my skin.

If you gotta go go with a smile