is there An American Cartoon that's lasted as long as One Piece?
398   15

• SwimSuperFan

i can only think of the simpsons and even that's 200 episodes behind one piece....

"Here Comes A New Challenger!-D.VA(Hana Song)"

• Special Snowflake

One Piece got nothing on Sazae-san; it has over 7000 episodes X_X

Memento Mori

• The Room

they'll never stop The Simpsons

This sig is an awesome sig. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: - InsaneFox

• Babbling

That's if you're going by episodes.

The Simpsons as a TV show started in 1989, One Piece in 1997...if you don't count The Simpsons being on The Tracy Ullman show back in 1987.

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• SwimSuperFan

bnmjv said:

and yet most of the internet has never heard of it

• The Room

or Doremon

This sig is an awesome sig. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: - InsaneFox

• The Room

tsar4 said:

The Simpsons as a TV show started in 1989, One Piece in 1997...if you don't count The Simpsons being on The Tracy Ullman show back in 1987.

and technically existed in 1955 if you want to count The Honeymooners

• Babbling

Naraku4656 said:

tsar4 said:

and technically existed in 1955 if you want to count The Honeymooners

I thought we were talking about The Simpsons, not The Flintstones.

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• SwimSuperFan

South Park has lasted for longer than One Piece, though it has nowhere near as many episodes.

I have reached acceptance.

Blatch's Toonami Ratings Timeline

Escalator

• Wednesdays: Squid Girl (in my dedicated thread)
    • Sundays: TBA
    • Random days: Re:ZERO (anime watching thread, w/ commentary on Imgur)

• Special Snowflake

countfrylock said:

bnmjv said:

and yet most of the internet has never heard of it

And I find it to be odd, as it is Japan's most popular anime.

I didn't realize Ace Attorney was that popular anyway . . .

Memento Mori

• SwimSuperFan

from what i read the creator of Sazae-San had a specific wish that she never wanted any merchandise to be made off of it...that includes home video releases

so after her death they still honor that wish and haven't made a single peice of Sazae-San Merchandise or Home Video Collections

so with no way to really make much money off of Sazae-San it's no surprise that it's such an obscure show...with no home video releases or merch of any sort to be found

• SwimComrad Banned

There are several American shows that have been on longer than OP (And Japanese shows for that matter).

But since America has been doing seasons from the very beggining, as opposed to OP pretty much airing new episodes non-stop, OP has more episodes under its belt than most of the American shows that have been around longer.

Sesame Street, however, is one American show that has more episodes than OP.

• Toonami

countfrylock said:

i can only think of the simpsons and even that's 200 episodes behind one piece....

the Smipnoss has been running longer than One Piece...it just has less episodes because a single season of an American Cartoon has between 13 and 24 episodes and a single season of an Anime has 50 to 100 episodes

also I spelled it Smipnoss on purpose....

this is why

• Swimuminati

keep it going...keep picking up a paycheck...sounds legit

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• Toonami

bnmjv said:

yeah but the first 1000 are forbidden from ever being re-aired because the creator was a weirdo and didn't want any episodes to ever be rebroadcast after their initial airings.............ever(since her death they've ignored that guideline)