Recreational/Designer/commercial drugs
422   15

• Banned

OP DISCLAIMER: In no way is this thread intended to promote, glorify, advocate, or accommodate any sort of use of drugs, I'm asking a question and I will carefully articulate my OP to reflect such.

Despite anything that I may or may not have done in my life, I think there is a bit of misnomering associated with what drugs are considered what......Not so much with designer drugs, usually that's pretty clear cut, but they often fall into the realm of recreational and also commercial.

What I'm asking is, do prescription drugs fall under the blanket of commercial, or recreational......I suppose it depends on how you use them, BUT are they not all designer drugs by nature? I'm a bit confused based on the assertion that is a recreational "drug".......Right? So with the legalization coming full circle, and many strains being produced does it not also become commercial, so thereby accepted....But still designer, making it taboo.

So if that's the case, what drug that you get from your pharmacist is not designer (Understand I'm only familiar with illicit "designer" drugs, hence my confusion) so are any of the adjectives necessary when referring to anything you consider a drug?

Alcohol is recreational, and indeed commercial, but isn't it too designer?

Thank you in advance for entertaining my ignorance about things I may or may not indulge in.

Also, .

It was me.....It was always me.

• SwimIcon

yes

• IB

Yes

Live a little.

• Babbling

All drugs are made naturally in nature. So feel free to do meth like mother nature intended.

• Special Snowflake

This is why my doctor has to force me to take medication.

Drugs are bad.

• SwimElder Banned

There is really no reason to classify drugs in this matter. "Designer" is misleading and not a very accurate way to taxonomize. I'd say "Recreational" is far more accurate. Most "prescription" drugs fall under the category of recreational.. of which you'd mainly be referring to a)opiates b)benzodiaspines . Obviously these substances also have "medical" use though they are almost always used/abuse for recreational purposes.

That then leaves one more point: hallucinogenic substances (lsd, mushrooms, peyote, etc.) Are not "recreational" by strict definition.

So a better way to define a substances is to star with a broad category which is PSYCHOACTIVE (affecting the brain) and then breaking down categories from there (medical, recreational, spiritual, etc)

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• Lord Of the Munge Façade

So Luuv hooked me up with a custom rank.

Which means I only have two more prizes to claim, plus an image sig.

So that's where we stand.

• IB

Nameraka_Hanzaisha said:

yes

Dammit...you beat me

Live a little.

• Banned

You almost had me until you went full hippy.......But you did pique my interest in one respect.....How could you not classify LSD, shrooms, etc as recreational.

• SwimElder Banned

Buddyroe360 said:

You almost had me until you went full hippy.......But you did pique my interest in one respect.....How could you not classify LSD, shrooms, etc as recreational.

alcohol= recreational

lsd= spiritual

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• Other Anime

I think designers main distinction is that it's constructed specifically for recreation, so antidepressants and cough syrup function too much on a commercial level to really be designer drugs because their main purpose is not to be used to get high. People can get high off of them, but the stuff a pharmacist or drug store provides is not using its intoxicating feelings or legal ambiguity as its main selling point like traditionally recognized designer drugs would.

Alcohol might be a good point as one that's all three, but designer would probably just be classified under craft brews like the ones with 8% ABC or more. It just seems like one would have to be recreational to be designer so alcohol would have a higher probability of fitting that bill than something like medicine that happens to get people f**ked up.

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• SwimElder Banned

The term designer started in the early 90s to refer mainly to Ectasy (MDMA). As I pointed out, its not a very good term.

• IB

is there a read later option.

whatevah..

• Banned

Philosipher_Stoned said:

is there a read later option.

Yeah......You just read it later.

• Babbling

I saw this video about an Israeli scientist who makes synthetic drugs purely for mind altering feelings. He takes the chemical compound of say...MDMA. Then he changes the placement of a molecule and makes a whole new drug. It's not classified as a drug on the federal ban list so it's sold as something else like bath salts.