you won't hear about this in mass media.
1065   36

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• SwimLegend

They're gonna build the pipeline cuz they don't have any respect for Native Americans and what certain places mean to them

Oh bother...

iye'pi hlete' ...there's no respect anymore...

The Big T

• Thunder Goddess

I like that - "... valves can be quickly shut if a leak is detected." Round the clock monitoring notwithstanding, exactly how much constitutes a leak? And how much does it have to leak before it's detected?

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

I saw something about this a few days ago....sad that it's not getting more coverage.

there is a list of items needed to help these folks.

anyone interested, pm me, (i'm not sure if i can put that up, because

of address)

Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Banned

We should do a protest here in ASMB!

• Banned

That silly weeb turned the USA flag upside down!

i don't know that would be allowed. that would mean that [as], would be biased on an issue.

and i don't think 'they' would.

• Thunder Goddess

That's a distress signal - if this doesn't cause distress, I don't know what would.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

Miku4Life said:

"There is proper protocol for displaying the American flag upside-down. The flag should only be displayed upside down as a signal of dire distress."

i would say this is a dire situation.

• Banned

discolemonade said:

Miku4Life said:

"There is proper protocol for displaying the American flag upside-down. The flag should only be displayed upside down as a signal of dire distress."

i would say this is a dire situation.

http://i.imgur.com/6qAGa0H.jpg

"do yourself a favor, don't turn around"

I just asked a family friend who's a weekend anchor for our local nbc outlet if there's a reason we're not seeing this on T.V.. I asked her on Facebook, so we'll have to wait and see what she has to say...

awesome. i'm interested, although, i already know.

• SwimNinja

Online I've seen word spreading on how to help out, but I can't remember seeing a single tv news segment about it.

"The enemy of my enemy is just another man standing in my way." -Nikita

this pipeline runs literally 2 miles away from my house on the southern end of the track. i'm renting my old house out to an electrician on the project. i'm making a decent amount of money at the bar on pipeliners as they come off shift and want to get trashed. anything that makes this project drag out is financially fine in my book. i had to pack away my bleeding heart to become ok with it though.

• Helper

This story is on the front page of the New York Times today

What the hell is that behind you

it took me a minute to find it. but, yes, finally, it's there. under 'u.s.'

@6cIawPaw , now you might see it on your local news fingers crossed

i get you have to make a living. and understand that it is the pipeline workers...

but, i could never become 'ok' with any of this.

• SwimPeanut

They have a right to protest! They've been screwed over so many times before,

yeah, i'm not cool with the pipeline. we're now one of "those" communities that could suffer from a massive leak and soil contamination. but those pipeliners are gonna spend their ridiculous paychecks somewhere, so i might as well take a cut.