Used Coffee Grounds
856   41

• SwimPirate

Now that I have a Keurig in the room, I have used coffee grounds to toss out. This small room also happens to have its own bathroom, so I dump grinds in the bathroom trash and it makes the bathroom smell nice. Plus it repels ants!!

But I also have a Peace lily in the room too, its a dying one, unfortunately it got really dry when I went on vacation, so I've been doing the opposite of what the experts say and giving it lots of water, and it seems to make it green again, but I also read that coffee grounds make great fertilizer!! :O

I hope it perks up my peace lily, I also use the grinds as an addition as a body scrub.

Anyone have experience using Coffee as a fertilizer? Or other cool uses for used coffee grounds.

"You know what they say: "If they're not inflatable they're not datable" :cool: :ballon: - TrigunBebop
    "You haven't Idealized Mankind, you've deformed it, you've mutilated it, and that's the real joke" - Nightowl

• Check It Out!

I hear its useful for smuggling drugs through airports?

• Swimuminati

my mother throws them in her planter boxes frequently. not sure how much it helps but she says it does.

i also use them as a body scrub about once or twice a week. makes da skin so smoove.

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

• Other Anime

• SwimPirate

lol Oh my goodness, you need to look at the TSA Instagram account!!!
    It shows you all the stuff they stop going through, like rocket launchers, knives, and
    They even feature puppers who work for the TSA

https://www.instagram.com/tsa/?hl=en

They say that those things don't really work, and they save several times that they aren't looking for drugs, just weapons but if they find it, they will report it.

"You know what they say: "If they're not inflatable they're not datable" :cool: :ballon: - TrigunBebop
    "You haven't Idealized Mankind, you've deformed it, you've mutilated it, and that's the real joke" - Nightowl

• SwimPirate

I've read Almanacs about plants and there advice I feel led me to make my plant sick I feel. They say peace lilies only need to be watered Once a week but mine seems to thrive every 3 days of being water. I've saw some other gardening forum posts where a woman did dump coffee grinds on her peace lily and her plant is thriving so I think I'm gonna start taking actual gardeners advice versus professional. lol

I do it to help with a small amount of celliute and also hope it has some "energizing" effects on my body.
    But coffee grinds always smell guuuud.

• Helper

Yeh I've done dat stuff, or otherwise just tossing them in the garbage when it gets smelly. Only thing is not every plant necessarily benefits from the added nitrogen.

What the hell is that behind you

• SwimPirate

• SwimPirate

Yeah, I've read Berries and roses tend to benefit more, but random gardners on forums with Peace lilies had luck with it, so I think I'm gonna try it for now. XD

• Other Anime

welcome

• Swimuminati

unfortunately, it only really reduces the appearance of cellulite because it stimulates and plumps you up temporarily. the best way to go about actually reducing cellulite is regular exercise and deep tissue massages.

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?

• SwimPirate

Well I'm learning alot of things today. I was freaking out a bit since I had a cosplay that was the equivolent of a bathing suit so I was trying to work on my legs for awhile but its not even noticable in photos and it was a good con. XD

• SwimDandy Banned

Send em to Africa. Those children will eat anything. And theyll be pumped to go to wars! Double win.

Oops

• Swimuminati

jackiemarie90 said:

Well I'm learning alot of things today. I was freaking out a bit since I had a cosplay that was the equivolent of a bathing suit so I was trying to work on my legs for awhile but its not even noticable in photos and it was a good con. XD

I know the feels. I have a lil bit also that I try to keep in check. Its a bit of a worry when that stuff comes into play. Swimsuits, shorts, dresses and what not. Its been a few years though and hasn't seemed to get worse anyway so thankful for that!

• SwimPirate

EviIsergE said:

Send em to Africa. Those children will eat anything. And theyll be pumped to go to wars! Double win.

Actually, you can help in Certain parts of the world by Buying Toms Coffee Beans, one bag and they donate a week of water.
    http://coffeelands.crs.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Coffee-for-You.-Water-for-All..bmp

• SwimPirate

Yeah, plus I don't mind regime beauty products. My room is filled with soaps and lotions. I love things that smell good so I might just keep adding the coffee for the scent. XD

• Swimuminati

i'm pretty sensitive to a lot of stuff and prone to breakouts with scented stuff if i'm not careful. These days in the shower or at the sink, its just Dr. Bronners for hair and body, charcoal bar soap for body and face, coconut oil instead of lotion, and twice a week i get a good olive oil/coffee ground scrub.

Edit: I'm addicted to facial masks though. My favs are the clay masks.

• SwimPirate

You got it down to a science! lol I hear good things about Dr. Bronnners is really good.
    Mines is much more unhealthy and hoarderish. I use alot of natural brands like Shea Moisture, 100 percent pure, pacifica, alba botanical, and tend to hoard alot of natural homemade soaps in shops I see. XD But I tried to save the bottles and packaging for different arts n crafts purposes. Its easier to recycle odd shaped packaging when you use it to mold
    cosplay props. XD

• Swimuminati

Lol, my skin just sucks so f**king bad and I've been testing it my whole life for solutions. This is the best I've got so far, so I'm running with it.

Prop molds?
    Teach me.

• SwimPirate

It's really, really elementary. XD Wish I would have too pictures of my ghetto Rocket Launcher last year. XD I just save shipping boxes, I hoard them too, and cut out a shape of a prop/weapon. And then, to give it stability, I fill the inside of cardboard with miscellaneous items, like more rolled up paper, plastic bottles also are very sturdy, I got really creative when I build a Giant hammer for my cosplay this year, Diane from 7 deadly sins, and used half of protein powder bucket to shape the hammer. Gahh I wish I took more pics, but love using imagination to create something. XD

Then I seal as much as I can, tape or craft sealant like mod podge, then go paper mache crazy! And my paper mache, I mean like actual newspaper, and glue form water and flour!!!!
    I'm so ghetto but it works. XD

• SwimPirate

I don't currently have pictures of it in the half way process, but this was my rocket launcher aka Gjallarhorn from Destiny
    2 years ago. Wasn't trying to make it exact, just a prop for a costume that looked convincing enough wih literally just Cardboard and papermache, I kept the shape by filling the body part. XD

http://i66.tinypic.com/10qcbyu.jpg