I haven't seen a lot of Steven Universe fans who are "the worst"
814   40

• IB

The show does have some of the most virulent haters, though.
    The kind of people who can't cope with anything beautiful in life and can't feel good about themselves unless they're tearing someone else down.

The most recent episode, Mindful Education, is something I feel like kids ought to see. Mindfulness training should be a mandatory element of school curriculum. This puritan notion that looking inside of yourself is the devil's work is so pervasive in this country that it is even a part of how a lot of non-christian people think...

"Anything longer than an emoticon is just hot air."
    ~DarksidexXx

• IB

They're talking about the fans who told an artist they were going to rape/kill her and that she should kill herself because she didn't draw a fat character fat enough.

• IB

I find that those people don't represent the majority of the shows' fans.
    I've only ever heard of these crazy Steven Universe fans through the grape vine,
    never had any kind of encounter with one. See what I'm saying?

~DarksidexXx

Last_Words said:

I don't find that those people don't represent the majority of the shows' fans.
    I've only ever heard of these crazy Steven Universe fans through the grape vine,

Sentence structure be damned

• IB

No one said they were the majority. They're mostly tumblrinas, and we all know most people on tumblr are terrible people to begin with.

• IB

I try to make everyone's day a little more surreal

• Special Snowflake

Last_Words said:

This puritan notion that looking inside of yourself is the devil's work is so pervasive in this country that it is even a part of how a lot of non-christian people think...

You totally pulled this out of your ass. I personally like mindfulness and meditation, but I can understand that the New Age bullshit that surrounds them turns many people away.

Memento Mori

• IB

Puritanism is the ideology this country was founded on. That kind of repression was a pivotal element of the development of American values, and you see it everywhere once you catch on. ;P

~DarksidexXx

• IB

Buddyroe274 said:

Last_Words said:

I don't find that those people don't represent the majority of the shows' fans.

Sentence structure be damned

I've only had two cups of coffee and didn't get much sleep last night... xD

~DarksidexXx

never seen haters out in force like this for years...last time it was the Rif's themselves...I swear...some nights I can still hear the carnage..

honestly it confuses me to no end how hating the fans of one particular cartoon show can entertain these people ...but then again this is the internet and trolls are everywhere...

The Big T

• SwimVIP

The fans I know of SU are just normal, calm people who just happen to like the show.

• Toonami

Consider yourself lucky. I have a friend that could probably be considered one of the worst examples of what the Steven Universe fanbase has to offer. She's your standard Tumblr generation "everyone who's white is a racist, all cops are corrupt, yada yada yada" type of person.

We have a lot of interests in common, but when she gets into her tirades about social justice all I can do is fantasize about how nice it would be to give myself a lobotomy.

• Babbling

It would probably benefit more people if she got a lobotomy.

Lobotomies for everyone!

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

• Banned

When fan bases drive people to suicide, you should trigger a rule that cancels the show immediately.

We'd be all better off.

• Other Anime

metatron5 said:

When fan bases drive people to suicide, you should trigger a rule that cancels the show immediately.

We'd be all better off.

dude just stop
    you're becoming like demandinganime and the last IBer who is in federal prison

alt text

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

• Special Snowflake

Just be blunt about your desire to blow mochi already.

Memento Mori

• Babbling

Did the Last IBer blow up a building in the name of Miyazaki?

• Banned

helpme said:

metatron5 said:

We'd be all better off.

dude just stop
    you're becoming like demandinganime and the last IBer who is in federal prison

Just saying, don't threaten to kill people online.

It should be like - Rule 1 of having a conversation.

• Babbling

But can we wish death upon them? I mean it's not like there's a magic genie who can make wishes come true. It's like saying, "I dream that one day an airplane crashes on you."