Daft Punk music videos are pretty damn emotional. ;_;
325   12

• SwimParagon

Their boss is an absolute dick. >:(

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Banned

• Puppy Power

The entire 65 minute film is an impressive achievement. Daft PUnk builds a narrative through the entire album rather than collecting several narratives, something that you don't even see all the time with other EDM acts. It's probably not even possible through more traditional music genres.

"Something About Us" is probably the best track/segment.

09/13/03

• SwimHero

i dig.

Janeway Rules!

• SwimPirate

lol your talking about the movie!!
    Interstellar 555

"You know what they say: "If they're not inflatable they're not datable" :cool: :ballon: - TrigunBebop
    "You haven't Idealized Mankind, you've deformed it, you've mutilated it, and that's the real joke" - Nightowl

• Puppy Power

Missing a 5 there.

Actually, the title is pretty lame.

09/13/03

• SwimParagon

jackiemarie90 said:

lol your talking about the movie!!
    Interstellar 555

Love you and Scoobdog

Now I can search for the full thing since apparently I missed stuff

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• SwimPeanut Banned

I wouldn't consider Discovery EDM. If you listen to the entire track it seems more like a compilation of what was considered techno at the time and rock. More on the rock side than the techno side. Anyway it's an amazing album, and I don't think Daft Punk ever reached the greatness of that album because they kind of pigeonholed themselves into the EDM genre.

• Other Anime

One time I did an awful gag dub of the Digital Love video. I've been meaning to remake it into something better and dub the whole movie (especially Crescendolls and High Life), but those plans were 4-5 years ago.

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• Puppy Power

09/13/03

• Puppy Power

The_Grapist said:

I wouldn't consider Discovery EDM. If you listen to the entire track it seems more like a compilation of what was considered techno at the time and rock. More on the rock side than the techno side. Anyway it's an amazing album, and I don't think Daft Punk ever reached the greatness of that album because they kind of pigeonholed themselves into the EDM genre.

It depends on what you're definition of the genre is; they weren't the first to introduce rock to electronic, though. There is no question that DP brought the club scene to Top 40 first, and Discovery is a huge reason that the likes of David Guetta gets radio play now. But, DP isn't the same act before Discovery as it is after. I would argue that they never intended to leave EDM, but, instead, wanted to change the art form into something with greater versatility. That has led them to be something other than just an electronic act.

09/13/03

I own the movie on dvd.