What do you think are the most popular anime right now?
262   12

• Helper

What do you think are the most popular anime right now? Not the most popular or influential of all time but more so what you think people are obsessing over the most right now. There's easy marks like Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z but beyond that it gets a little more difficult to say what are currently the most popular anime on the market. Though not just what are the most talked about anime of the current season.

Some series were tremendously popular but are declining in popularity due to lack of anything new to offer the market while other long standing properties are still widely popular despite having little to nothing new to offer its fans. The kinds of old shows that can still hook new viewers regardless of how old they have become.

Because the methods of consuming anime have changed so much, television ratings are a poor indication of what's popular for the most part because anything other than DBZ and whatever airs right after DBZ is not really getting noticed. TV ratings would tell you Pokemon and Naruto have lost nearly all their steam but that's clearly not the case though they have declined from their hey days as has Dragon Ball Z but not enough for them to no longer be among the top 5 most popular anime.

Try to list at least 10 that aren't Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z or Studio Ghibli movies. Don't just consider what you like or what your friends like but rather what series you think have the widest reach at the moment.

• Banned

Sword Art Online

• Helper

Okay, how about 9 more though

• Banned

Akame ga Kill

• SwimSuperFan

Corey in the House

• Banned

You asked an anime related question and expected a serious answer?

• Helper

Trolling is to be expected but I think eventually someone will offer some serious answers.

• SwimVIP Banned

Attack On Titan, One Punch Man, Sailor Moon, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Sword Art Online, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

I'm assuming this is around accurate.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

If we're talking anime that's currently mid season then RE Zero is by far the most popular right now.

Mob psycho also. I've heard talk about orange and Re Life but never seen them.

• Helper

Daosspawn said:

If we're talking anime that's currently mid season then RE Zero is by far the most popular right now.

Mob psycho also. I've heard talk about orange and Re Life but never seen them.

I should clarify I didn't mean what are the most popular of this particular season but rather the anime that have had legs to remain popular after the season they aired. In other words not just the most popular simulcasts right now.

• Other Anime

RWBY

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

Ah then most of the ones that other guy just listed. I'd throw in Gate, Overlord, No game no life, Kill la Kill and the Seven Deadly sins.