How long have you watched AS?
1734   46

• SwimNerd

It must be at least ten years for me, I remember staying up late and turning the tv down real low to watch Cowboy bebop even though I had to go to school in the morning. I wonder if all the lost sleep contributed to my success or lack there of.
    How has AS affected your life?

More than ten years I partially blame adult swim for my insomnia but really that's just an excuse.

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• Special Snowflake

Since it first aired in 2001, though I wouldn't call myself an avid fan.

Memento Mori

• SwimHero

started back then when they showed family guy and futurama reruns. havent watched regularly since they aired boondocks season 4.

Janeway Rules!

The last season wasn't quite as good but Boondocks was fantastic.

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• Manowarrior

That's supposed to read 2003, but this board is f**ked up.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

Summer of '02. The first thing I ever saw was a Yu Yu Hakusho marathon one Saturday night while I was doing my 7th grade summer reading and I was hooked instantly. It's had an all right effect. In the beginning, it was such a novel experience because I'd never seen anime with blood and cursing on Cartoon Network nor had I seen any dark comedy shows like Mission Hill and the AS originals. Now it's commonplace.

• SwimNerd

I had a job delivering newspapers that paired really well with my AS habit. I lost it when I went to go hang out with real people instead and totaled my car by pulling in front of a landscaping truck. Don't make the same mistake. AS every night. For life

• SwimNerd

Zenigundam said:

Summer of '02. The first thing I ever saw was a Yu Yu Hakusho marathon one Saturday night while I was doing my 7th grade summer reading and I was hooked instantly. It's had an all right effect. In the beginning, it was such a novel experience because I'd never seen anime with blood and cursing on Cartoon Network nor had I seen any dark comedy shows like Mission Hill and the AS originals. Now it's commonplace.

I didn't know the Japanese had more cartoons than Pokemon until I stayed up for AS and Toonami

Joethedead said:

I had a job delivering newspapers

alt text

• SwimHero

scope85 said:

The last season wasn't quite as good but Boondocks was fantastic.

it had some gems but for the first time in the series, i actually cringed at some moments.

Janeway Rules!

• SwimStar

remember watching yu yu hakusho when i was like 5 or 6 with my parents at night, so i think it might've been on [as]
    it was the episode where kuwabara was excited to save yukina
    i even made a headband like his out of paper towels, lmao
    that's 13 years. i think it might be more

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• Banned

Definitely 2001ish when I first found out it was a thing.......My favorite era was when Shinchan, Paranoia Agent, Scryed, and Case Closed used to air during the week.......I pretty much jumped ship when it started airing live action rejections from Europe and whatever T&E crap they could cram into the block.

• SwimNerd

scope85 said:

Joethedead said:

I had a job delivering newspapers

alt text

Dying.

• Special Snowflake Banned

Ever since I tuned into channel 36 late at night and caught the fifth episode of Cowboy Bebop.

• Special Snowflake

fun question...i have been watching since way back when, and if i think about it, it will bring back memories. memories...of a different time...a different decade....i do not really watch much anymore...i mean, i am over the 35 year point...so....on that note....uhh....it changed my life in ways that could make me seem crazy if i talk about it!

• Other Anime

Since the days of Home Movies with these bumpers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDToHQeouq8

Yes, I'm old. :(

• Babbling

IN THE YEAR TWO THOUSAND AND THREE. I blame [as] for my lack of success in life.

• Manowarrior

ThorsPenor said:

1. I blame [as] for my lack of success in life.

Same.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

• Babbling

Oh god. Do you know how many times left real social interactions to go home and watch Saturday night line-ups?

• SwimSuperFan Banned

How long have I been watching [as] as a fan? Ever since July 27th, 2013. However, I do remember incidentally watching reruns of Futurama on the channel when I was a kid.

[the provided date should seem familiar]

I have reached acceptance.

Blatch's Toonami Ratings Timeline

Escalator

• Wednesdays: Squid Girl (in my dedicated thread)
    • Sundays: TBA
    • Random days: Re:ZERO (anime watching thread, w/ commentary on Imgur)