who else will be skipping toonami next week due to the labor day marathon?
469   21

• SwimSuperFan

I Have No Urge to see those episodes a third time

Once For The Original And Once for Dub is Enough For me

but i don't need to see those episodes a third time....especially when I already can see the dubbed episodes twice if i tune into The Cartoon Network West Channel that plays what was playing on cartoon network hours before

so it's just a waste of my time to spend a saturday night watching one punch man again

"Here Comes A New Challenger!-D.VA(Hana Song)"

• Toonami

Not sure yet. It would be the third time watching them for me as well, but if I have nothing better to do I may tune in.

None of the other marathons they could have gone with would have really been as appealing imo, so if they were going to marathon something I'm glad they went with OPM.

• SwimSuperFan

i usually tune out marathons anyways....toonami's the only good thing on saturdays and now i gotta find something else to watch

• Toonami

The only time I watched a marathon was for Parasyte, partly because that was an Intruder II week. Usually with marathons, I skip recording, so next Saturday/Sunday is going to be my Toonami cheat weekend.

The Ignore feature: a real bitch in more ways than one.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

• SwimSuperFan

it just angers me because i have to be told "Oh you don't get to see this because everyone else will be too busy partying or traveling to see friends and family to watch toonami"

do we really need so many marathons? especially when labor day is the lamest holiday of all it's basically got no theme outside of "You Don't gotta work day" you get to do whatever nobody's expected to go hardcore road tripping or partying

this isn't christmas or thanksgiving it's labor day

• SwimSuperFan Banned

Labor Day is often seen as that phony baloney holiday crammed down our throats by fat-cat union gangsters the last weekend of summer. Most people gather their family for a big cookout, like you would if you weren't so f**king negative.

I have reached acceptance.

Blatch's Toonami Ratings Timeline

Escalator

• Wednesdays: Squid Girl (in my dedicated thread)
    • Sundays: TBA
    • Random days: Re:ZERO (anime watching thread, w/ commentary on Imgur)

I'm skipping it every week, anyway, so next week will be no different.

• SwimVIP

RPD said:

Lol.

Toonami's so tame. Find it funny how they inflate the parental discretion ratings so that DBZ Kai becomes TV-PG when it was TV-Y7 on the Nicktoons network and all of the shonen gets PG ratings also when the worst thing that ever happens is a "damn" or a cut on a cheek.

And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zenigundam

• Toonami

In all honesty, "damn" is a PG-level curse.

The Ignore feature: a real bitch in more ways than one.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

• Mobile Suit Gundam

RPD said:

You oughta at least give One-Punch Man a chance if you've never seen it!

Same goes for Gundam IBO.

Don't Miss an All-New One Punch Man every Saturday at midnight! Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans follows at 12:30! Only @Toonami!

• Toonami

me probably....I got Job interviews to worry about anyway

• Toonami

RPD said:

out of curiosity.......why?

I'm still debating skipping episode 8 for.....reasons

but I'd imagine your reason for skipping it would be different than mine(unless you mean the entire block rather than just One Punch man)

• Toonami

ALchemist81 said:

RPD said:

You oughta at least give One-Punch Man a chance if you've never seen it!

Same goes for Gundam IBO.

One-Punch man is polarizing to me, on one hand it's not that bad and it has some manservice....on the other hand theres a lot of Jokes (and an entire character) who make me think the Author is a Homophobic ass

gundam IBO is just super boring........like every Gundam series

• SwimSuperFan

cliffhangers and marathons suck butt

• Helper

I'll probably catch some of it.

The nice thing about the marathon is I won't have to worry if I miss anything if I'm out doing something else that night. Plus there were a couple weeks were I was sick so I only saw those episodes in Japanese. It'll be nice to kick back in the AC and watch something that I won't also be reading.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• Mobile Suit Gundam

If you're a One-Punch Man fan who doesn't get into the rest of Toonami, it might be a great chance to catch up, if you have work to do on non-Holiday Saturdays or something.

Of course, if you've got work on non-Holiday Saturdays, you've probably got it on Holiday Saturdays too, but then again, oh, I don't know, maybe you don't have cable through the week until you visit Mom on a Holiday? If so, don't make yourself late to church the next morning by staying up until 3 AM.

Just saying: Marathons DO serve their purpose. And that same person who's home watching the first 7 of OPM might set their DVR to catch the final 5.

I just hope they do something cute with Gundam IBO on Thanksgiving like call it the "ThanksGundam Marathon!!"

Don't Miss an All-New One Punch Man every Saturday at midnight! Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans follows at 12:30! Only @Toonami!

Who will be skipping what they skip every week completely unrelated to whatever bullshit excuse you're using?

Buddyroe274 said:

Who will be skipping what they skip every week completely unrelated to whatever bullshit excuse you're using?

• SwimSuperFan

marathons just make people rush to watch those shows online instead

Imo they should marathon a classic anime all night since they think no one's watching anyway.

First season of Rosario vampire go!

mochi said:

RPD said:

out of curiosity.......why?

Alot of my enjoyment of the block was based on the interactions I had on the old forums. Most of my friends are gone, and the old [asmb] surely is, so I haven't seen much point in trying to come back. I stop by here, every few days or so, just for the hell of it, but don't hang out on Saturday nights like I used to. It's a combination of things, not any commentary on the shows or anything... :)