When's Attack on Titan Season 2 Happening?
488   19

• Special Snowflake Banned

Ever?

For such a popular show with plenty of published manga doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to get the ball rolling on that second season.

Right?

• Helper

Supposedly spring 2017.

I don't know though, weebs get stuff wrong all the time.

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

Jingai said:

Supposedly spring 2017.

Source on that?

• Helper

Google has a bunch of weeb sites I don't read that are all saying it.

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

Jingai said:

Google has a bunch of weeb sites I don't read that are all saying it.

Eh, I'm not that hype for it anyway. I mean I'll probably watch it. The first season was alright.

I'm just surprised that such a successful show has taken so long to turn out a second season.

I mean I could be wrong but wasn't SAO and SAO 2 like only a year apart or something?

• Helper

I don't know off hand. I have noticed that Japan tends to ignore American fans though when it comes to production time schedules.
    Guess it is easier to focus on domestic shut-ins....

I don't really care by now, season one wasn't good enough to keep my interest over multiple years.

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

Jingai said:

I don't know off hand. I have noticed that Japan tends to ignore American fans though when it comes to production time schedules.

Was Attack on Titan not as popular in Japan?

Because the weebs here went bananas over it, especially the OP; which I didn't care for at all TBH.

Meh.

At least there's Dragon Ball Super and Berserk 2016 going on right now. I'm not too keen on all the other titles that have been coming out recently. It's tough to find good anime because there's just so many shows to sort through.

• Helper

I'm sure it was yeah, but in Japan they can make one AoT season or like eight Goo Girl luv Otaku shut-in series.
    So, they go for the mass mediocre domestic market garbage.

I'm looking forward to new season of Strike Witches, just cause the war on pants must be won.
    Heroic Legend of Arslan is really good, might want to check that out.'

Jingai said:

I'm sure it was yeah, but in Japan they can make one AoT season or like eight Goo Girl luv Otaku shut-in series.
    So, they go for the mass mediocre domestic market garbage.

Yeah that's a good point. That's why I find it hard to hunt down good shows. They produce like 200 different anime shows a year over there and most of it is trash.

• Helper

It's all trash, especially One Punch Man.

Jingai said:

It's all trash, especially One Punch Man.

I thought OPM was alright.

I really haven't found a show that I really liked in a long while though.

Code Geass was pretty good but that was nearly a decade ago, and Cowboy Bebop almost two decades.

Parasyte was decent but overall meh. I still haven't watched Death Note because it doesn't seem all that interesting.

Stein's Gate was pretty good, but other than that there just hasn't been many shows that were really enjoyable.

• Helper

OPM is just a slacker being a slacker when he isn't a Gary Stu. Pretty boring actually.

You might like Alderamin on the Skies as well. I really enjoy it.

Gary Stu?

Is that the male version of a Mary Sue?

• Helper

Yeah I think so.
    Basically the idea is they one hit anything.

The reason its taking so long is because the author is a humanoid sloth at publishing the manga.

There was just an article on that , it's coming , finally . We're still gonna have to wait a few months before it actually comes to AS moire than likely . If i remember correctly , i think the problem was that they had caught up to the manga in just that one season. so they had to wait for the manga to extend a few more volumes before the actually put a second season into production.

Monsters come in many shapes and sizes . I'm all of them

Jingai said:

I have a feeling you're not too far off on that one, it seems like stuff that's popular in the states never seems to last long. They hardly get more than one.... i guess you could call them seasons , two that spring to mind are Cowboy bebop and Black lagoon.

Monsters come in many shapes and sizes . I'm all of them

• SwimVeteran

I do believe they were waiting for the manga to finish, which it did this year. So next year is a very likely window.

Confused what I thought with something I felt.
    Confuse what I feel with something that's real.