Make-up while driving: Legal. Coffee while driving: Legal. Eating while driving: Legal.
572   31

• Check It Out!

Using an e-cig while driving: Illegal in 11 states.

This post is deleted!

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

• Check It Out!

The schtick is getting pretty sad, Stilgar. Step up the game or find a new one. :\

alt text

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

• Thunder Goddess

So is regular smoking illegal at all? I can see that being any less of a problem than e-smoking; actually, probably more.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish

Happy Banned Books Week! Take a gay penguin to lunch today!

• Check It Out!

It's still perfectly legal. Which makes it blatantly obvious that it's just big tobacco squeezing e-cig users even tighter via good ol' crony capitalism.

Well that and the fact that in PA non-tobacco derived e-cig products are categorized as tobacco, but cigars are not. Wat.

• ShoeHands

The legal statute of hotboxing certainly has deterred everyone I know from burning that shit up.

• Babbling

In some states it's illegal to smoke with children in the car.

• Check It Out!

Which is very reasonable.

• Babbling

E-cigarettes are electronic and any electronic handheld device is illegal. Personally I like them better than cigarettes if it keeps dumb shîts from throwing cigarette butts out of the window.

• SwimParagon

So just put your makeup on while driving and smoke the e-cig when you park. Problem solved! :D

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Check It Out!

You press a button and inhale. Some are powered by the inhalation.

The only way an e-cig is more dangerous than pulling a cigarette from a pack and lighting it while driving is if the driver is messing with the parts or trying to refill it. Yes its a handheld device but if a person cant operate one and drive safely they have no business driving.

And until it's illegal to do any of the things i said in the title, as well as messing with the radio, reaching to the back seat for something, adjusting mirrors, or any other act that requires diverting attention from the road, I'm going to call bullshit and fight this as much as I can.

Fact check before making threads with no source, please sir.

• Thunder Goddess

Damn, now you're making me nostalgic - there was a time when I could drink coffee, light a smoke, roll down the window, mess with the radio, and shift gears (my first car had a stick) simultaneously - all while driving down the road wearing non-prescription sunglasses.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish

Happy Banned Books Week! Take a gay penguin to lunch today!

• SwimLegend

Say wut?

Oh bother...

1pooh4u said:

Say wut?

It's not

• SwimLegend

Chocolate_Soda said:

It's still perfectly legal. Which makes it blatantly obvious that it's just big tobacco squeezing e-cig users even tighter via good ol' crony capitalism.

Well that and the fact that in PA non-tobacco derived e-cig products are categorized as tobacco, but cigars are not. Wat.

It's cuz cigars are status symbols. In NY cigars aren't taxed like cigarettes. You can get a pack of Cheyenne for 6-7 bucks. Cigarettes are twice that. They did raise the tax on cigars a little bit but no where like cigs.

Oh bother...

• SwimLegend

Buddyroe274 said:

1pooh4u said:

Say wut?

It's not

Imma read the entire article but it looks like you can't e cig in your car. Period

Oh bother...

• SwimLegend

Great NY is going to implement this. Good thing I kill myself the old fashioned way

Oh bother...

• ShoeHands

So it's illegal to hold an electronic non-flaming smoke dildo between your lips while driving but perfectly fine to hold a flaming cancer stick that can easily cause a crash if dropped in the wrong spot.

I don't smoke. But still stupid.