4

ps1 rpgs i need to buy.
334   18

  • SwimIcon
    0

    just bought a vita because i hate money and plan on loading it up with oldschool rpgs. so far i've bought xenogears (never played it) and ffviii (never finished it) plan on buying ffvi next.

    so, what else?


  • IB
    1

    Suikoden 2
    Legend of Dragoon
    Grandia


  • Special Snowflake
    0

    I suggest skipping ffviii. Waste of time.

    Memento Mori


  • SwimIcon
    0

    Greeny said:

    Suikoden 2 (this was on my list)
    Legend of Dragoon
    Grandia

    i've heard good things about legend of dragoon.

    i'll have to look up grandia...


  • SwimIcon
    0

    bnmjv said:

    I suggest skipping ffviii. Waste of time.

    yeah. i've tried to finish it like three times and i always get bored. i'm going to finish the damn thing out of stubbornness.


  • IB
    0

    bnmjv said:

    I suggest skipping ffviii. Waste of time.

    Disagree. The writing was garbage but the Junction System and the setting made that game for me.


  • SwimIcon
    0

    Greeny said:

    bnmjv said:

    I suggest skipping ffviii. Waste of time.

    Disagree. The writing was garbage but the Junction System and the setting made that game for me.

    this.

    there was a lot to like about the game mechanics. that's probably why i keep picking it up.

    and the lack of a compelling story is probably why i can't seem to finish it.


  • Special Snowflake
    0

    Greeny said:

    bnmjv said:

    I suggest skipping ffviii. Waste of time.

    Disagree. The writing was garbage but the Junction System and the setting made that game for me.

    Junction system was garbage. The game was ridiculously easy if you never leveled up and junctioned well. Drawing magic is a real test of patience. I agree with the setting. I also really liked the music.

    Memento Mori


  • IB
    0

    bnmjv said:

    Greeny said:

    bnmjv said:

    I suggest skipping ffviii. Waste of time.

    Disagree. The writing was garbage but the Junction System and the setting made that game for me.

    Junction system was garbage. The game was ridiculously easy if you never leveled up and junctioned well. Drawing magic is a real test of patience. I agree with the setting. I also really liked the music.

    The only drawing you really need to do is at the beginning of the game and when you run into an enemy that has a useful spell (Life, Full-Life, Aura, Meteor or Ultima. Most others can be refined easily.) If you do it too much then of course it's going to become annoying. The trick is to not forget about the numerous other ways you have to aquire spells.


  • IB
    0

    Nameraka_Hanzaisha said:

    Greeny said:

    Suikoden 2 (this was on my list)
    Legend of Dragoon
    Grandia

    i've heard good things about legend of dragoon.

    i'll have to look up grandia...

    The Grandia series has the best battle system of all time, imo.


  • SwimLegend
    1

    Greeny said:

    Suikoden 2
    Grandia

    These are good, might as well start with Suikoden if playing the series though.

    I would throw in Front Mission 3, Breath of Fire III and IV, Parasite Eve, Arc the Lad trilogy, Chrono Trigger(although if you can play the SNES or DS version those are preferred).

    Alundra and the Mega Man Legends games are good also if including action adventure/RPGlite games like Zelda.

    Ric's Youtube: It's fucking awesome of course
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl6qCbzMXEezDBksc9XqUuw


  • 0

    Star ocean 2.

    You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!


  • SwimLegend
    0

    cowboy_stilgar said:

    Star ocean 2.

    It's not on PSN unfortunately.

    Ric's Youtube: It's fucking awesome of course
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl6qCbzMXEezDBksc9XqUuw


  • IB
    0

    ric_man said:

    Greeny said:

    Suikoden 2
    Grandia

    These are good, might as well start with Suikoden if playing the series though.

    I would throw in Front Mission 3, Breath of Fire III and IV, Parasite Eve, Arc the Lad trilogy, Chrono Trigger(although if you can play the SNES or DS version those are preferred).

    Alundra and the Mega Man Legends games are good also if including action adventure/RPGlite games like Zelda.

    Suikoden 2 is enough, mostly because of Luca Blight.


  • 0

    Chrono Cross

    Oops, i did it again


  • Nyaa or Nothing
    0

    final fantasy tactics


  • SwimNerd
    0

    FF 7 , 8, 9.
    legend of dragoon
    DragonquestVII
    Chronocross
    If you have any free time at all after all of that I pity you.


  • Other Anime
    0

    Final Fantasy VI through IX (including Tictacs)
    Persona 2 (Innocent Sin first, then Eternal Punishment)
    Parasite Eve
    Start playing Xenogears

    Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!


Log in to reply