What does that say.....Nefertiti?.....OMG that is such a pretty name, I've never heard that before.
2631   88

Says at least 8 teachers at my daughter's school. Jesus Christ I hate people so much.

• SwimLegend

Are you f**king serious?

HOW IS IT f**kING POSSIBLE THAT A TEACHER OF YOUNG MINDS HAS NOT HEARD OF THE NAME NEFERTITI?

Sorry, back to my indoor voice...

Oh bother...

• Special Snowflake

Change her name to Jessica or something then.

greedy_respawned said:

I don't adhere to ignorance.

• Swimuminati

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• Special Snowflake

Buddyroe274 said:

greedy_respawned said:

Then wtf are you complaining about?

Did you pick her name because it was popular or wanted people to make fun of it?

If nobody's heard it before, & they complement it, be happy jackass.

It's unacceptable for someone in the profession of teaching to not have at least heard that name before.

But now you know why the US school system is a disaster.

greedy_respawned said:

Buddyroe274 said:

greedy_respawned said:

Did you pick her name because it was popular or wanted people to make fun of it?

Oh, I'm sorry if I expect someone who's job it is to educate young minds to have even the most basic knowledge......Now I wouldn't expect you to know because I'm suspecting you didn't finish middle school, but somewhere in that elementary to college education that I am to assume and educator had to finish, the name Nefertiti should have come up.

And as an adult if you think the name Nefertiti is a name to make fun of, you really are in no position to call me a jackass.

So you're fuggs.

• SwimParagon

1pooh4u said:

Are you f**king serious?

HOW IS IT f**kING POSSIBLE THAT A TEACHER OF YOUNG MINDS HAS NOT HEARD OF THE NAME NEFERTITI?

Sorry, back to my indoor voice...

ISIS IS AN ANCIENT GODDESS, NOT A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION!

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

Ya lost me, man.....BUT....Even though she knows my daughter's name I got money says she has no idea where it came from either.

Buddyroe274 said:

Ya lost me, man.....BUT....Even though she knows my daughter's name I got money says she has no idea where it came from either.

I've been trying to decide if this is really Buddy on this account. I didn't see your response to my Bucket assertion before I made this post.

• Special Snowflake

Buddyroe274 said:

greedy_respawned said:

Buddyroe274 said:

greedy_respawned said:

Oh, I'm sorry if I expect someone who's job it is to educate young minds to have even the most basic knowledge......Now I wouldn't expect you to know because I'm suspecting you didn't finish middle school, but somewhere in that elementary to college education that I am to assume and educator had to finish, the name Nefertiti should have come up.

And as an adult if you think the name Nefertiti is a name to make fun of, you really are in no position to call me a jackass.

If it's not their job to teach history, I don't know why you would expect them to know Egyptian names though. (I might not have a good education but I do have google)

And I wasn't saying they should make fun of her name, I'm trying to figure out what's so bad about them A) complementing it & B) not knowing the name if it's not their job to know the name.

• Banned

greedy_respawned said:

Buddyroe274 said:

greedy_respawned said:

Buddyroe274 said:

greedy_respawned said:

If it's not their job to teach history, I don't know why you would expect them to know Egyptian names though. (I might not have a good education but I do have google)

And I wasn't saying they should make fun of her name, I'm trying to figure out what's so bad about them A) complementing it & B) not knowing the name if it's not their job to know the name.

I think if you've been through the public school system and have taken world history at some point, the name Nefertiti should f**king ring a bell.

POOP

It's not as bad as not knowing who Cleopatra was.... but it's still a common knowledge thing. You should have at least HEARD the name in your years of schooling to become a teacher.

"Neferneferuaten Nefertiti (/ˌnɛfərˈtiːti/[3]) (ca. 1370 – ca. 1330 BC) was an Egyptian queen and the Great Royal Wife (chief consort) of Akhenaten, an Egyptian Pharaoh. Nefertiti and her husband were known for a religious revolution, in which they worshiped one god only, Aten, or the sun disc. Akhenaten and Nefertiti were responsible for the creation of a whole new religion which changed the ways of religion within Egypt. With her husband, she reigned at what was arguably the wealthiest period of Ancient Egyptian history.[4] Some scholars believe that Nefertiti ruled briefly as Neferneferuaten after her husband's death and before the accession of Tutankhamun, although this identification is a matter of ongoing debate.[5][6]

Nefertiti had many titles including Hereditary Princess (iryt-p`t); Great of Praises (wrt-hzwt); Lady of Grace (nbt-im3t), Sweet of Love (bnrt-mrwt); Lady of The Two Lands (nbt-t3wy); Main King’s Wife, his beloved (hmt-niswt-‘3t meryt.f); Great King’s Wife, his beloved (hmt-niswt-wrt meryt.f), Lady of all Women (hnwt-hmwt-nbwt); and Mistress of Upper and Lower Egypt (hnwt-Shm’w-mhw).[7]

She was made famous by her bust, now in Berlin's Neues Museum, shown to the right. The bust is one of the most copied works of ancient Egypt. It was attributed to the sculptor Thutmose, and it was found in his workshop. The bust is notable for exemplifying the understanding Ancient Egyptians had regarding realistic facial proportions."

See.....This is what bothers me....Someone on your educational level is teaching school.

• SwimLegend

greedy_respawned said:

Buddyroe274 said:

greedy_respawned said:

Buddyroe274 said:

greedy_respawned said:

Being a teacher and not having some knowledge of Nefertiti or at least the name ringing a bell isn't really acceptable. It would be like a teacher saying, "Napoleon , what a cool name. I've never heard it before."

Oh bother...

Reminds me of when Trump was on Bill O'Reilly and didn't know that the great wall of China was built to keep the Mongolians out.

• Special Snowflake

FieryDoom said:

greedy_respawned said:

Buddyroe274 said:

greedy_respawned said:

Buddyroe274 said:

greedy_respawned said:

I think if you've been through the public school system and have taken world history at some point, the name Nefertiti should f**king ring a bell.

I was in the public school system.

There were some kind of history classes that they did somethin in.

• Banned

1pooh4u said:

greedy_respawned said:

Buddyroe274 said:

greedy_respawned said:

Buddyroe274 said:

greedy_respawned said:

Being a teacher and not having some knowledge of Nefertiti or at least the name ringing a bell isn't really acceptable. It would be like a teacher saying, "Napoleon , what a cool name. I've never heard it before."

POOP

• Thunder Goddess

There's nothing wrong with complementing it, but not knowing it is kind of disappointing. How many people in this thread alone aren't trained as teachers, don't have a background in history, but have still at least heard the name before?

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish

Happy Banned Books Week! Take a gay penguin to lunch today!