I just watched a guy on twitch
431   12

• SwimDandy

This guy did a marathon stream in which he stayed up 67 straight hours attempting to speedrun Dragon Warrior/Quest 1-9. In the end, he got to the midway point of 8 before calling it quits.

Probably one of the most fascinating things I've seen all year.

• Babbling

You watched 67 hours of some dude playing video games? Were you on meth?

• SwimDandy

I was doing other things. But I did check up on him from time to time throughout.

• Babbling

What made it so fascinating? I'm fascinated to find out.

• SwimDandy

First off, it's speedrunning. And as someone who is active within the community, I know first-hand how seriously people take it. They have pages and pages and pages of notes on strategies and routes that shave off mere seconds at a time. This guy planned to run 9 of these games, role playing games mind you, which take hours to complete. Hell, Dragon Warrior 7 at its most optimal is a near 16 hour run in its own right while Dragon Quest 8 is a 14 hour run.

Now, combine this with the fact that he's running all of these games back to back to back to back to back, etc. with little to no sleep. Just watching him try to fight off sleep 60 hours in, I honestly don't know any other words to describe it other than fascinating and maybe a bit scary. The mental strain is just insane. Thank god he realized his health was more important than entertaining the thousands of people who watched him during this thing,otherwise he literally might have killed himself.

• Banned

The things people will do to validate having dry dicks.

• Special Snowflake Banned

Speed running is seriously the gayest sub sector of gaming.

It's right up, or down rather, there with unboxing and ASMR videos.

• ShoeHands

I plan to speedrun Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 back to back. I assume upon success I will be rewarded with lots and lots of steaming hot ass.

• Special Snowflake Banned

There's a community based around watching other people play video games? Even really dull ones to watch, like Dragon Quest?

I get watching people play in 5, 10, 20 minute videos, but an entire game sounds really boring. That's what editing is for.

• SwimDandy

Speedrunning. I know people like to think it's just simple playing, but speedrunning is a completely different animal.

Buddyroe274 said:

Worked for this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys2kpOquB9c

• SwimStar

Buddyroe274 said:

That's a very sexy way to refer to it.

You must be a hit with the ladies.

42,917 posts and 4,251 kudos for life, playa.

• Banned

That is a strange menagerie of words you balled together, but I do pretty fair with the ladies. I only keep one at a time, but I rarely go without.