90 homicides in chicago in august alone
1318   45

• Helper

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• Lord Of the Munge Façade

the punchline is "black people."

So Luuv hooked me up with a custom rank.

Which means I only have two more prizes to claim, plus an image sig.

So that's where we stand.

• IB

I read this as 90 homicides in chicago this year and I was gonna say

Pfft we beat you guys easy

but then I was like ... thats pretty f**ked up ... then I re-read

• Babbling

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• Helper

Yeah, it is a blood bath out there on the streets.
    I mean, 3 a day in August, that's unreal. The sad part, the chief says he knows who is doing it, and it still happens.

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• Helper

That's crazy, and kind of scary, I used to walk wards for Democrats near Sacremento and Madison....
    Free fire zone there now.

• Babbling

Jingai said:

That's crazy, and kind of scary, I used to walk wards for Democrats near Sacremento and Madison....

Jeez, hope you got hazardous duty pay. Ain't no way I'd be out that way walking.

• Helper

This was ten years ago, when it was much safer. Not safe mind you, just safer....

• Babbling

That's around the same time frame that a cop told us not to walk up Wood from the UC to Chicago Av - he made us go over to Damen (lived at Damen near Chicago Av).

Two days after moving in I decided to check out the greasy spoon across from McD's...a guy walks in with a knife stuck through his hand. Decided I wasn't hungry anymore.

• Helper

UC is in a rough part of town, always has been.

• SwimNerd Banned

Jingai said:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/09/01/with-90-homicides-august-was-chicagos-bloodiest-month-in-20-years/

Horrible. Just horrible.

I was in Chicago for a few days in late July. This tourism official guy named Mr
    Abraham told me he used to be Obama's lunch buddy as their offices were close to each other

Anyway -- he drew me circles on the map showing the specific west and south side areas to avoid.

Apparently it's concentrated in only a tiny amt. of areas of the city.

I think what we're seeing is like what happened in Juarez when the cartels were fighting for turf.....they had a huge crime wave that peaked in 06 because the thugs literally killed all the rival gangs and factions off.

I think Chiraq is an example of a Darwinian tragic struggle that will sort itself out when they kill each other off in a few yrs....then the cops will mop up what's left of the bangers and gentrify the city for good.

• SwimNerd Banned

tsar4 said:

Jingai said:

Jeez, hope you got hazardous duty pay. Ain't no way I'd be out that way walking.

Is that why u cucked out of our meeting....I really was going to buy u a beer.....

• Babbling

Nope, just anti-social.

• Banned

Ah, Chicago crime.....The invariable "Trump" card that is designed to automatically excuse disproportion across the board.

• Babbling

Thanks Obama.

• Check It Out!

Banning guns sure was successful for Chicago.

• SwimVeteran

BLM amirite?

Confused what I thought with something I felt.
    Confuse what I feel with something that's real.

no

No

• Special Snowflake Banned

Truly tragic.

• SwimLegend

What's going on out there. I heard Chicago has more murders than LA and NYC combined.

Oh bother...

The one time I went to Chicago, I was surprised to see how much cleaner its downtown area is compared to New York's.