The [Toonami] Ratings Discussion Thread
1282008   3696

• Toonami Banned

I'm ending this Communism and labeling what is.

Link to Programming Insider

"Build a fire for a man, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Toonami Banned

So last time, Toonami's middle ground has been crashing and burning thanks to anemic numbers from Parasyte and Champloo being about as exciting as a Roman Reigns match. On the plus side, AGK's replacement is due to be announced soon.

Soldier hold your sword high...
    Swing it like a Samurai...
    Now don't get all out of pride...
    From the Afro Samurai...

• Toonami Banned

So, instead of trying to house the folder in one thread, we're going to recreate the major threads? I guess this will have to do for now.

The boards change, but Champloo's viewer repellent factor continues.

@Sketchor As I already told you, you can't classify any show dropping greatly from DBZ the same as you would a show dropping greatly from anything else. DBZ is a beast and in a class of its own. There's plenty of people who watch DBZ and nothing else. So, we don't expect typical retention from DBZ and you can't call AGK a dud because of that.

• Toonami Banned

Also the rep system is prime for abuse.

From the Afro Samurai...

ok officially hate this format!!

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Version 7.0.? Or maybe there should be a separate thread for each week? Or each month?

Since it takes FOREVER to scroll through the longer threads to reach the top, and there are NO midstream navigation buttons, I am advocating the former. Therefore, this will be "The [Toonami] Ratings Discussion Thread" JUST for 1/23/16 or for January 2016.

Yep, charts no longer work, so we're gonna have a new format here...

AKAME GA KILL!
    Adults 18-34 Rating - 0.68
    Estimated 18-34 - 462,000
    Adults 18-49 Rating - 0.54
    Estimated 18-49 - 686,000
    Total Viewers - 1,205,000

PARASYTE -THE MAXIM-
    Adults 18-34 Rating - 0.61
    Estimated 18-34 - 415,000
    Adults 18-49 Rating - 0.45
    Estimated 18-49 - 572,000
    Total Viewers - 1,034,000

More data on these 2 shows here: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-update-1-23-2016.html

Don't Miss an All-New One Punch Man every Saturday at midnight! Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans follows at 12:30! Only @Toonami!

• SwimPeanut

Hey, nice Alchemist!

BTW, what the hell ARE these reputation things? Does anyone have a clue?

Some days, some nights, some live, some die in the name of the Samurai!

Never underestimate a woman!

See ya, Space Cowboys and Cowgirls!

• Toonami Banned

Humbug said that pages in threads are coming soon, Al.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Oh OK. I didn't notice that!

Well then maybe this will be "7.0" after all!

Don't Miss an All-New One Punch Man every Saturday at midnight! Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans follows at 12:30! Only @Toonami!

• Toonami Banned

ALchemist81 said:

Version 7.0.? Or maybe there should be a separate thread for each week? Or each month?

Since it takes FOREVER to scroll through the longer threads to reach the top, and there are NO midstream navigation buttons, I am advocating the former. Therefore, this will be "The [Toonami] Ratings Discussion Thread" JUST for 1/23/16 or for January 2016.

Yep, charts no longer work, so we're gonna have a new format here...

AKAME GA KILL!
    Adults 18-34 Rating - 0.68
    Estimated 18-34 - 462,000
    Adults 18-49 Rating - 0.54
    Estimated 18-49 - 686,000
    Total Viewers - 1,205,000

PARASYTE -THE MAXIM-
    Adults 18-34 Rating - 0.61
    Estimated 18-34 - 415,000
    Adults 18-49 Rating - 0.45
    Estimated 18-49 - 572,000
    Total Viewers - 1,034,000

More data on these 2 shows here: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-update-1-23-2016.html

Very nice bounce back for the two anchors.

And I eagerly await the return of pages. And folders. And the rep system to die.

From the Afro Samurai...

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Another interesting thing I noticed: Akame ga KILL! won the day's originals in Men 12-34, scoring a 1.00. But I have no idea what in terms of people that number means!

• Toonami Banned

Jman1111 said:

It's already been abused. Apparently a certain clique has been obsessively downvoting my posts, resulting in a negative reputation, which inflicts me with that stupid "cannot post more than once in 120 seconds!" status effect. I've requested that both "features" be removed in the Request Features thread.

Oh, my rep is positive 14 now. Still, the rep system needs to be done away with. You'd think they would know better, given how the post rating system backfired on the old boards.

• Toonami Banned

Why do you always post this early shit? Just wait for the full numbers to come in.

• Toonami

ben0119 said:

So, instead of trying to house the folder in one thread, we're going to recreate the major threads? I guess this will have to do for now.

@Sketchor As I already told you, you can't classify any show dropping greatly from DBZ the same as you would a show dropping greatly from anything else. DBZ is a beast and in a class of its own. There's plenty of people who watch DBZ and nothing else. So, we don't expect typical retention from DBZ and you can't call AGK a dud because of that.

You can if AGK drops more than it normally does. Which it did.

• SwimComrad

Jman1111 said:

LOL negative 6 reputation. But seriously, this whole layout is awful.

• Toonami Banned

Just an addendum, the ratings might owe something of a boost to the Northeast being buried under two feet of snow on Saturday. I passed the time with a Lucha Underground marathon, AGK, and of all things on Netflix, the Devil is a Part Timer (which was surprisingly enjoyable).

From the Afro Samurai...

• Toonami Banned

bjshepp said:

Jman1111 said:

LOL negative 6 reputation.

Mine was negative 20 something last night, but somehow it's gotten back up to positive 14. But yeah, this reputation thing is stupid.

• Toonami Banned

ThatGman said:

ben0119 said:

This is the first I'm hearing of it.

• Toonami Banned

bjshepp said:

Jman1111 said:

That's what happens when Ransla downvotes everyone while you sleep. Seriously.

But hey, at least we can f**king curse without having to alter the goddamn fonts.

From the Afro Samurai...

• Toonami

ben0119 said:

ThatGman said:

ben0119 said:

This is the first I'm hearing of it.

No it's not, because its 400k loss last week was called out as significant multiple times in the other thread and Sketchor demonstrated that it lost about 10-15% of its normal retention. Apparently you just chose to ignore it.

• Toonami Banned

Jman1111 said:

bjshepp said:

Jman1111 said:

That's what happens when Ransla downvotes everyone while you sleep. Seriously.

But hey, at least we can f**king curse without having to alter the goddamn fonts.

That's probably what happened. I have a good idea of the people who downvoted my posts, as well.

You spoke too soon. From what I can tell so far, f**k is the only censored cuss word. But, I don't think we even can change the font anymore...