The [Toonami] Off Topic Thread
51370   302

• Toonami Banned

For whenever they get their shit together and folders are in place.

In the meantime, babble incoherently.

"Build a fire for a man, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Toonami

Why the hell hasn't anyone replied to this yet?

The only thing worse than maggots who want HxH removed based on personal preference are maggots who betray a show they love just because its ratings aren't to their liking. Also Ayumu.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

• Other Anime

They still haven't gotten their shit together.

• IB

I whip my back and forth...wait...I have a fro.

Live a little.

• Toonami

Is there any time frame for when they will get their shit together? Next week? A month? Never?

My Hummingbird: https://hummingbird.me/users/CaptainStarwind

Fucking WHAT?

• Toonami Banned

Never. God has abandoned the boards.

"Build a fire for a man, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Toonami Banned

Might as well post this again here because why the f**k not:

Most recent episode of my radio show. New time slot when people are actually awake (Monday nights 7pm - 10pm EST), plus got to interview Project RnL.

https://soundcloud.com/theprogpowerstation/episode-14-1252016

• Toonami

So that new chapter of My Hero Academia...

I hope it looks amazing when/if they get around to animating it.

Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door

• Toonami Banned

Venomlord said:

If Toei isn't animating it I have hope.

Soldier hold your sword high...
    Swing it like a Samurai...
    Now don't get all out of pride...
    From the Afro Samurai...

• Toonami

Jman1111 said:

Venomlord said:

If Toei isn't animating it I have hope.

I think it is being done at Bones, but that doesn't mean part couldn't be outsourced to Toei or others

Hold The Door

• Toonami Banned

Alright, I've got a huuuuuge backlog of stuff from when the boards were down, and also a little bit from when they were up, that I didn't get around to posting on the actual boards yet. So, I'll now just unload everything I've got stocked in my document. Lucky for you guys, the stuff will be spoiler-marked, so read what you want at your leisure. :P

Supergirl -

Well, that's kind of surprising. Cat is just “suspecting” Kara of being Supergirl? I thought she would've blown the lid off this already. I guess she is waiting for “proof”.

Lord is done with the DEO.

Hank has been kidnapped! Crap!

Alex was granted command with Henshaw absent, but now Lane has come to take over! Damn it!

General Lane shows that he's into enhanced interrogation techniques. I had a feeling he was bad news.

Why is James not wanting to involve Kara in breaking into Maxwell Lord's place?

In flashbacks, we get to see more of Krypton. Nice. I wonder if that is the natural color of the sky, or if it's a result of the planet dying.

So, we finally learn the truth about Kara's mother. As we expected, Astra was lying before.

The trade was a success! They got Hank back. Non was going to have a bunch of Kryptonians attack, but Astra called them off. Hmm.

Kara has learned that Hank is The Martian Manhunter. So now she knows the truth of what happened to Papa Dean Cain and that Hank is a good guy.

Hank helped out and appeared as Supergirl to throw Cat off the sent. “Now that I've seen you two next to each other, you don't look much like her at all”. :D

Okay, what is Lord doing... making Power Girl? I'm not sure, but those oil alien eyes a la X-files are not a good sign.

Star Wars: Rebels -

Leia makes a surprise guest appearance on Rebels! It was pretty cool. It was fun watching how they had to try to set up things so it wouldn't like Leia was helping the Rebels. They had to have someone else play Leia, I guess due to Carrie Fisher's age. The VA did a decent enough approximation, I thought. I noticed that Freddy Prinze Jr. randomly played an extra. o_O How did the Ghost's blasters manage to get through the AT-ATs' armor? Granted, they still kept moving, but snowspeeders didn't even put a dent in them! The way Canan took out the walker's legs with his lightsaber was awesome, though! Also, it was really funny seeing a stormtrooper with a lightsaber. :D The gravity locks were a pretty cool device. The Star Wars equivalent of a wheel boot. :D Zeb had to make it look good. :D Anyway, Phoenix Squadron now has three new ships! Interesting design, they kind of remind me a bit of the Nebulon-B frigate.

Supergirl -

So, in this episode we meet Toyman! It turns out he is Winn's father! The toys on Winn's desk... foreshadowing? Also, we get some much needed development for Winn!

We learned a little bit more about Jane Doe, but not much. I still have no clue what's going on there.

That was pretty cool how Supergirl inhaled the poison gas and then exhaled it up in the sky!

Now I can see why Henshaw doesn't like to become the Martian Manhunter very often. He had to erase that guy's memory! I'm guessing he couldn't just erase his memory for that night and it's an all or nothing type deal? Not good.

Wait, was Winn liking Kara really supposed to be a secret? Did she seriously not notice?

AAAAAAAHHHH LORD PUT A CAMERA ON ALEX'S PURSE! HE KNOWS THEY'RE SISTERS! DOES HE KNOW SUPERGIRL'S SECRET IDENTITY, TOO?!

Star Wars: Rebels -

Ah, so this episode we see more of the Mandalorians. The visual of the half-destroyed planet is really cool. I wonder how the hell that happened?

Those Mandalorian fighters have a really cool design.

How the hell did a ship even jump through hyperspace in that state?

I find it odd that Hera and then Kanan still wanted to try to negotiate. I'm pretty sure those Red Shirt pilots that got shot down died.

That was a strange procession of events how that whole thing turned out. They get to the moon and try to negotiate, before fighting, and then they take the leader captive and basically force him to work with them. :D But, it's an end to a means? And they didn't have to kill anybody (even though I'm pretty sure they lost people). This was a good episode that focused on Kanan and Hera, which is a dynamic we don't often see.

Oh, Freddy Prinze Jr. plays Kanan himself? I didn't know that, or forgot that. That explains why he showed up as a random extra in that other episode.

Supergirl -

This was a great episode. We got more back story on the Martian Manhunter and learned about what happened to his people. This episode the enemy was a White Martian!

We met Cat Grant's son. So, how could they miss each other if she sent him away when he was a baby? Eh.

The episode had an anti-alien senator who had a change of heart after being saved by Supergirl at the end.

So, Hank wanted to commit suicide, then he wanted to kill the White Martian, then he wanted to... sigh... what was up with all that? And am I wrong for thinking it would've been fine to kill that thing?

Winn isn't talking to Kara. Aww.

So, the show finally acknowledges that Cat calls her Kira, when her name is Kara. So, that was intentional by the show this whole time? I just thought Flockhart was screwing up this whole time.

On the TV... is that Power Girl?

X-files Mini-Series Episode 1 -

I added The X-files to my Netflix qeue a while ago, but I never did get around to it. So, I'm going into this strictly on my memories from watching the show as it premiered back in the day. I'm pretty sure I didn't see all of the lackluster final seasons, or the ending. But, we'll see how it goes.

Using the original intro was cool.

Scully looks great, but Mulder looks like a hobo, ffs.

Joel McHale as a Alex Jones type guy was an usual character, to say the least. Was he meant to be taken seriously, or...?

I'm not sure if Sveda actually appeared as a child in one of the old episodes, or it's actually the same actress?

So, they're actually depicting Roswell. That's pretty cool.

Alien Repilica Vehicles. Very cool.

Okay, so this episode had a lot to unpack. The whole thing of the alien conspiracy being a smoke screen for evil human government deeds sounded a bit silly. Maybe it was because of how they dumped it all at once? Stuff like this was gradually trickled in back in the old episodes.

So, the X-files are all missing and the office has been mostly cleared out, except for the pencils Mulder threw in the ceiling and his poster. Why am I not surprised?

Apparently the conspiracy is actually true? :D The girl has alien DNA, and the government blew her up and the Alien Repilica Vehicle Mulder viewed, and shut down Tad O'malley's website. Or, he shut it down himself?

The other thing about this was... the old episodes didn't usually throw things so much in your face, like this did. We'd get hints or glimpses of things, at best. But here, we see Roswell happen with a straight up alien in clear view, and that Alien Repilica Vehicle is on full display. Then again, that show had more and more reveals as it went on. Maybe this is just keeping with the build of those reveals and what we already know... or barely remember, in my case.

The Cigarette Smoking Man is still alive! And he's in bad shape. If the conspiracy is true, why doesn't he use some of that alien tech to heal himself up?

Alright, on the next. This episode seemed decent enough, even if some of the stuff was a bit over the top, and I guess a retcon of the previous mythos? Then again, maybe this mini-series wouldn't seem “big” enough without some earth-shattering revelation and everything we thought we knew being turned on its head yadda yadda yadda. Of course, there were already evil human characters and conspiracies running around in the old show, and they stopped short of saying there were no aliens at all, which I thought was what they were saying at one point. But yeah, I'm intrigued, even if I was a bit skeptical and undecided about what I saw here. But, I'll check out the next episodes to see how they might build on this.

X-files Mini-Series Episode 2 -

So, Mulder and Scully are working for the FBI on the X-files again? Did we skip a scene or something?

That noise is awful.

So, it seems like this one is a stand alone, but it might actually relate back to the stuff we learned in the first episode about the government experimenting on editing alien DNA into people. Apparently they are trying to force the next level of human evolution? “Founder's Gene”... crazy stuff.

That little girl under the water was so creepy.

Okay, speaking of things I forgot... their kid. So, were those scenes with him as a boy flashbacks or fantasies? Because earlier they made it sound like they adopted him out when he was a baby.

I wonder if any of those conditions the kids have are real. Not easy to look at, I gotta' admit. Those were some good effects.

Okay, that girl totally has telekinetic powers, and the doctor is all “we're done here”, like they didn't see that. :D

So, the noise is coming from that kid, who was the doctor's wife's baby that she cut out and he survived! He has sound-based powers, and his sister has telekinesis! Is the doctor dead?

Black blood...

The Department of Defense keeps cock-blocking, and it's very annoying.

So, I guess things are progressing? It looks like we are definitely going with that conspiracy being true that we learned last episode.

I will say that these episodes did feel like the X-files. I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole conspiracy thing. It's just a bit over-the-top, even for this show. But, we'll see how it goes.

• Toonami

I don't think the Ghost was using normal blasters when attacking the ATAT, they looked more like torpedos then blaster fire.

Hold The Door

• Toonami Banned

Jim Cornette is what hardcore EVA fans think I act like. Of course, Corny had to rant about one of the two wrestling shows (other than NXT) that I actually like, Lucha Underground.

http://triblive.com/sports/prowrestling/9895210-74/lucha-underground-wrestling

Soldier hold your sword high...
    Swing it like a Samurai...
    Now don't get all out of pride...
    From the Afro Samurai...

• Helper

MasqueradeOverture said:

For whenever they get their shit together and folders are in place.

In the meantime, babble incoherently.

Oh we already have............... EVERY OTHER THREAD HERE to talk about this topic.

alt text

• Toonami Banned

X-files Mini-Series Episode 3 -

Alright, with this episode, we got back to that classic monster of the week fun. Mulder is having a bit of a crisis after so many old mysteries have been debunked.

So, this guy was a lizard man who got bit by a human and that caused him to become a were-human. :D That's hilarious! And I loved how he was laying there with a piece of straw in his mouth when he got bit.

The lizard man confirms that jackalopes are real and that one of his friend's got gored to death by one. :D

You can't get surgery to stop turning into a human. :D

That fantasy of him with Scully LOL.

The motel manager was a character, as well.

Now we know why the guy was mad at his own reflection. He hated turning into the human he saw in it!

The serial killer turned out to be a normal human, the one responsible for biting the lizard man and turning him into a were-human, in fact! He had a whole speech prepared. :D

He hibernates for ten thousand years. Aww... well, I guess we won't be seeing the lizard man again any time soon.

This was a fun episode. I hope they have more like this in the mini-series.

Supergirl -

Why does Kara have so many romantic options? And is there any particular guy we're supposed to be rooting for?

Ah, so it's not Power Girl, but Bizarro Girl!

Is Bizarro Girl stronger, or is Supergirl holding back?

Her powers are opposite. At first, I wondered if Supergirl could use firebreath but just hadn't figured out how yet. Of course, the Kryptonite just makes her stronger.

Now she looks like Bizarro.

Maxwell Lord is such a bastard.

Can they arrest him? Well, they did.

What else can they do for her besides just keep her in a medically induced coma?

So, this was another one of those it's too dangerous for the superhero to have a significant other thing... that's why Kara broke it off with Adam.

And now Cat is none too pleased and wants their relationship to go back to being strictly professional. Too bad.

Next episode preview - Oh hey, it's that dream plant from what one Justice League episode! I wonder if Lord had it put there?

• Toonami Banned

Venomlord said:

I don't think the Ghost was using normal blasters when attacking the ATAT, they looked more like torpedos then blaster fire.

Oh okay. I hadn't thought about that. Maybe you're right.

• Toonami Banned

Jman1111 said:

Jim Cornette is what hardcore EVA fans think I act like. Of course, Corny had to rant about one of the two wrestling shows (other than NXT) that I actually like, Lucha Underground.

http://triblive.com/sports/prowrestling/9895210-74/lucha-underground-wrestling

Cornette is annoying. And I swear, it seems like he hates everything. I haven't seen Lucha Underground yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. What was his issue with it? That it's produced too much like a TV show and not enough like a wrestling show? Blah.

• Toonami Banned

Thoughts on the shocking revelation that Westpark was possibly really a hoax all along?! This is a Kubo-level twist!

• Toonami Banned

Old news is old.

Like as old as the new boards old.

• Toonami Banned

Yeah, but none of you guys have posted in that thread, so I figured I would spread the news.

• Toonami Banned

Now that someone necro-bumped this thread, here's this week's episode of my radio show where I announce I'm running for president:

https://soundcloud.com/theprogpowerstation/episode-15-212016