Toonami Pre-Flight
96004   762

• Helper

Catch a Pre-Flight episode every Friday at 6:30 PM EST on Twitch.tv, and rewatch archived episodes or the watch the newest one again on the official Toonami Video site!

Post your reactions here.

alt text

• Swimuminati

You fight the good fight, brother

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• Helper

Trying to remember threads on the old board and restart them here.

alt text

• Swimuminati

I know, hence the encouragement that...kinda seems dickish, now that i'm lookin' at it

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• Toonami Banned

Toonami Pre-Flight 47 1/15/16 -

You know, I could've sworn they already covered this topic before.

I swear I don't remember this Toonami Midnight Run Special Edition thing at all. But now that I know that Daft Punk movie is on their Youtube, I'll have to check it out.

Ugh, Kanye. I can't even tell which one is him and which on is this “Hype Williams”. Either way, this song is torture.

Who hasn't seen the Take on Me video? It's still a good one, though.

That Pearl Jam video is cool. It's pretty demented though. Aha, I thought it looked kinda like Batman: The Animated Series!

The Greeks. This band sounds like they're from the 80s. Haha, kids imaginary games. Brings back the memories. Why the hell are they doing a drug deal? LOL, now they're acting like terrorists. They're French, for some reason.

I've heard this song before, but never seen the video. I didn't know it used pixel art.

Well that Tool video was pretty cool, but it was the most demented one yet.

I don't remember ever seeing these videos on Toonami. I'm not sure why we're supposed to care about them? Eh, this is just another trippy video. Blah.

Aww, look at that, a rapper is trying to be political. How adorable. Well, we know where Demarco's political beliefs lie now.

Demarco praised Linkin Park but talked shit about Korn? :D If anyone needs to “do better”, it's you and your shitty worship of Kanye and Linkin Park! :D :D :D :D :D :D

The Akame ad is a sneak peak, too? I didn't see that coming.

That One Man's Trash was the ultimate pointless waste of time.

• Toonami Banned

Toonami Pre-Flight 48 1/22/16 -

Pre-Flight played in whole this time without incident! It's a miracle!

Favorite kids shows? Like they said, a lot of those could be shows that have already been discussed. Then you get into that whole argument about what is a kids show and what isn't and how kiddy are certain shows, etc. I guess if I had to pick one I would go with Yugioh.

I would've thought that Pokemon would be too kiddy for the block, like Hamtaro. Strange that they had no issue with Pokemon being on the block. Was it really called Pokemon: The First Movie? I never did like the Pokemon show. I can't see how Jason thinks it is relaxing. It was usually noisy and annoying. My friend has been trying to get me to play the games for years, but I never did get any of the games.

I've never heard of this Sherlock Hound. But, the show looks pretty decent, and given the Miyazaki factor, it's probably worth checking out. I remember the 2000 Astroboy being on, but I can't remember if I ever watched it. I know for sure that I watched the old on Adult Swim, though. Lazzo bought life-size Astroboy statues from the Astroboy museum?! You know, I really wish we'd get a tour of Williams Street sometime. I know they have a giant Big O there. I bet there's tons of other cool stuff. I never knew Cardcaptor Sakura played on Toonami. I definitely knew of the show at the time, but never watched it. I wasn't exactly in the demographic. :D I still say it in my head with the wrong pronunciation of “Sakura” - “Suh-cure-uh”. Aw, I liked Zatch Bell. There's a show you don't hear about much these days. I always wanted to see how it would turn out. The goal was to make the Momoto King put a stop to the battles, or whatever. I guess they didn't air it all. Did all of it get dubbed?

Fallout 4 review, eh? I'm surprised they didn't do this sooner. Wasn't there already a One Man's Trash about this game some time back? Why is Tom hoarding multiples of the same armor and weapons? Do they wear out, or something? Those glitches look pretty problematic. Tom almost couldn't get the ending that he wanted due to them and it still got a 9? I very rarely make multiple saves of my games. I usually just overwrite.

A good episode of U Tweet Me Watch. I've still got Gunsmith Cats on my watch list. I'm definitely interested in it and plan to watch it some day. This review gives me a better idea of what it's about. Though, I think it's odd that they parade the girls around in underwear but give them such cutesie designs.

I don't remember there ever being a Q&A on Blum Room, but maybe it's just been a while. What really can we ask Steve that we don't already know at this point, though? Whoa, he had to redo a voice a bunch of times for a character and they finally ended up replacing him? I wonder what show this was. It's something currently being done. Hmm.

• Toonami Banned

I'm avoiding watching Gunsmith Cats simply because I don't want to get any more depressed over the fact that Cannon God Exaxxion will never, EVER get an anime adaptation.

"Build a fire for a man, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Helper

Gunslinger Cats looks like my cup of tea! I should look into that show. But I'd prefer if they had cat ears on at one point.

So they liked Pokemon on the block but not Digimon "and their FOX 4Kids whatever"!? ...hmm....

alt text

• Helper

Toonami Pre-Flight 1/29

Never seen any of DeMarco's choices for best book adaptation. That Weird Al skit appeared to be very funny though! I seen snippets of The Godfather, but then again, who hasn't?? lol that story about the horse head was funny too.

I should really see Short Peace, although I'm surprised to find that the majority of it has CGI in it!

alt text

• Toonami

ben0119 said:

A good episode of U Tweet Me Watch. I've still got Gunsmith Cats on my watch list. I'm definitely interested in it and plan to watch it some day. This review gives me a better idea of what it's about. Though, I think it's odd that they parade the girls around in underwear but give them such cutesie designs.

Cool show.

Wish they'd do a new Gunsmith Cats. We really don't get much stuff like car chases (and old-school shootouts) in anime anymore like we used to, which I think would give it a lot of chance for success if nicely animated.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

With the ephemeral nature of the new boards, I would think it would make sense to have a new thread each week, but I guess that won't be the way we operate. Duly noted for future reference.

Toonami Pre-Flight #50 - 2/5/16

I believe Pre-Flight turns a year old this week!

Show Review: IGPX. Not a bad way to sell the Discotek re-release, which is just around the corner!

Favorite Racing Anime is the topic, and Jason's first pick is Initial D!

Don't Miss an All-New One Punch Man every Saturday at midnight! Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans follows at 12:30! Only @Toonami!

• Toonami

Given how easy it was to search Pre-flight, I don't think there is too big of a need for a new thread each week. Literally took less then a minute. Most time was spent changing the advanced search from title and post to just title.

Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door

• Toonami Banned

He just likes to be a glory-grabbing thread hog.

• Toonami

Them picking racing as the theme for favorites is kind of random since there are so few of them out there. I wonder if Gil might bend the rules to include something not dealing with car races.

Hold The Door

• Mobile Suit Gundam

There might be some truth to that, but that isn't WHY I did it. I should have tried to search for it!

Up next from Jason is Redline (yay!) and then The Running Man From Neo Tokyo (not to be confused with The Running Man). We all know Redline is awesome, and the other show looks pretty cool!

Gill's first pick is Wangan Midnight. That's a pretty cool title; let's see what it's like!

Don't Miss an All-New One Punch Man every Saturday at midnight! Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans follows at 12:30! Only @Toonami!

• Toonami

Wow.. Gil's second pick... If you have another tab open and you're just listening to it; when it starts it sounds totally like something else.

I don't think Redline is awesome.

Hold The Door

• Toonami Banned

I still need to watch last week's. I guess I'll get on that today.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Capeta is next, and apparently has an English dub from when it aired in India but it's impossible to find!

And Gill's third and final pick should come as a surprise to ABSOLUTELY FCKING NO ONE! ...

• Toonami

Go Toonami Facebook for picking Oban Star Racers.

So no sneak peek at the show announcement but that doesn't mean it won't be a surprise tomorrow. They're cutting it close.

Hold The Door

• Mobile Suit Gundam

How in the hell are you so far ahead of me, Venom?

• Toonami Banned

Venomlord said:

Go Toonami Facebook for picking Oban Star Racers

I saw a little bit of that when I was at my cousin's house. We didn't get the channel it came on. It didn't seem bad from what I saw.